My "new" $40 infill
Don't have pictures of it rusty and missing a hunk of wood in the back, was too anxious to see if it still worked....

However here are a couple of shots that show the initial clean up and wood plug:

Then the after shots, did not want to weld, afraid of warping, so used my files and came up with an acceptable fix....

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm envious!   Great find and tune-up!

Chris
Chris
Great job! I like the "new" plane AND your QR vise.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Nice.  And a little driveby gloat with that cast iron file handle.  I'm watching for more of those in my travels (I have two), as they're darned handy.
Andy, that plane looks great. Fits right in with rest of it's cousins in your kit. I have the same SHELDON vise and love it.
Thanks guys, making a new chop for the Sheldon, it was just installed on the back side of my bench....tend to use the whole bench and had it as an extra.

Proud of the first half of my chop, done with millers falls round spokeshave and some chisels, don't have any real carving tools, used a saw to shape it of course...

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool. And I spy a nice group of routers in the background.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Jim:

Wow, good eye, yes my best or favorite, a very nice large Preston, then a Sargent with the cutter that has to have a series of slots along it's length in order to adjust the height, and a little copy of a small Preston, not that great, but it works and was cheap, compared to the real thing....

And that's an old Sheldon vise, believe those are the finest vises ever made! What a feat of ingenuity and engineering, would be massively expensive to make today I guess....

Andy-- mos maiorum

-- mos maiorum