yesterday's $2 word of the day, "astragal"
I saw "astragal" in another thread, and said, "oh, that's what it's called."  I have an exterior double door in my shop that has a pretty big gap between the doors.  The only astragals carried locally are wood, and not made for weatherstripping.  I was thinking about making a flat piece with weather stripping on the non-active side (inside).  Looks like the metal ones that are sold are meant to go on the non-active side with weather stripping to go on the active side.  It appeals to me that you could do both, with some provision for the striker plate.  

The ones that appealed to me on Amazon were:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006P1...PDKIKX0DER

https://www.amazon.com/Pemko-Overlapping...6QTQT8E7CQ

I've had bad luck ordering the last one of something from Amazon, so that is a strike against the Pemco.  Also, one bad review.  Otherwise I probably would have ordered that one, looks more substantial. The M-D building one also has some reviews that make me wonder.

Anyone have any other ideas?  Seeing what's available commercially made me realize that just a flat piece of wood doesn't really resist the closing forces that well, and having a 'T' shape is better.  Not sure that should stop me from making one though.  Not sure what type of weather stripping to use if I did that.
I can post a working drawing of a shop built " T"astragal that uses q lon weatherstrip and can accommodate mortised flush bolts you can reach 

It is on the shop computer though so you will have to wait till I get out there and yes you can build it yourself they are fairly straightforward

Expect to rip one door ( the inactive one )  down

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

You can buy the T astragals from a door supplier. Here I get them from Resdoor. They have several different styles from all wood to wood and aluminum. The better ones are re aluminum ones and have the lock pins built in (for both operational) They also have the groove for the standard weatherstrip. I have made them myself out of wood but it's easier etc just to buy it.
Joe, your plans would be great. No problem waiting. They are steel doors, not sure how ripping one is going to go.

here in the wastelands of Central Pa, I'm not sure we have a door supplier.  Probably have to go to Harrisburg, or maybe Altoona
how much of a gap do you have? 1/2" or less?
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

less than 1/2" It's not as bad at the top, about 1/4" at the bottom.
well considering the margin 

I am going to suggest this one: steel door astragal

this likely meets all your needs with the least amount of modifying 

Joe