Good Hacksaw Blade Recommendation
I am an occasional user of a hacksaw and recently picked up a blade at the local hardware merchant. 

Either it has no set or the coating is thicker than the kerf. Regardless, much binding happened.

What is a good quality hacksaw blade brand that I could look for?

Thanks

Mark
What length and number of teeth are you looking for ? I may have a few extra to spare.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I prefer Starrett. You can get them on Amazon. Pack of 10 for $15.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(02-05-2017, 05:37 PM)Admiral Wrote: I prefer Starrett. You can get them on Amazon. Pack of 10 for $15.

I think  most of the ones I have are Starrett and they have been the best of the brands that I've used so far.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I use one frequently, standard metal I use Lenox 32 tpi and for plastic I drop to 24, even 18 would be fine I'd say if you want to be faster. but for metal it's only ever 32 tpi. but the hacksaw itself is more important, I had 7 years ago a terrible kobalt hacksaw and bought the Lenox high tension hacksaw. you need that higher tension, and don't forget to release it as I find that seems to prolong blade life tension when not in use.
(02-05-2017, 05:37 PM)Admiral Wrote: I prefer Starrett. You can get them on Amazon. Pack of 10 for $15.

This. Hard to go wrong with Starrett blades.

Nice to have a couple different tooth sizes on hand.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I second the motion for Starrett. Found them in a local Hardware store and will not buy anything else.
I haven't seen much difference between yellow or white bimetal blades ,but a huge difference when I switched to a hi tension hacksaw, the one with the wing nut under the handle.
A man of foolish pursuits
A good high tension frame is crucial. After that, choose the tpi best suited to your work and go. Lenox and Starrett both make good blades.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Lennox here, good price and Lowe's sells them.
Mark