Tenoning jig for an old Craftsman table saw
There you go; heckuva deal.
Wood is good. 
I tried to send you a personal message, but was not able to. Thank you for your generous offer. I'm wondering if you ever tried to fit the miter bar into the Craftsman table saw miter slot. Reviews I read about the Woodriver tenon jig say that this jig will not fit older Craftsman table saws unless the miter bar is sanded with a belt sander to make it fit. I'm not sure of the actual width of my miter slot, maybe .073 or .074 but less than .075. Incra sells expandable miter bars which fit my table saw very nicely on the Miter Express I use. I wish someone would make a tenon jig with a miter bar that could be adjusted.
(02-10-2017, 11:12 AM)JSpill Wrote: ...I'm not sure of the actual width of my miter slot, maybe .073 or .074 but less than .075...

Surely you mean 0.75", etc. Best check and re-check your measurements with a caliper.
Wood is good. 
(02-09-2017, 08:14 PM)JGrout Wrote: I see an entire face against the fence to mount a clamp to. 

Rolleyes

What do they say, can't see the forest because the darn tees are stuck in my ears, something like that
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(02-10-2017, 11:12 AM)JSpill Wrote: I tried to send you a personal message, but was not able to. Thank you for your generous offer. I'm wondering if you ever tried to fit the miter bar into the Craftsman table saw miter slot. Reviews I read about the Woodriver tenon jig say that this jig will not fit older Craftsman table saws unless the miter bar is sanded with a belt sander to make it fit. I'm not sure of the actual width of my miter slot, maybe .073 or .074 but less than .075. Incra sells expandable miter bars which fit my table saw very nicely on the Miter Express I use. I wish someone would make a tenon jig with a miter bar that could be adjusted.

I don't think it will fit either. WoodRiver is WoodCrafts brand, and they don't do things specifically for a splinter market. It fits the majority, or not at all.

GW
(02-10-2017, 11:18 AM)ez-duzit Wrote: Surely you mean 0.75", etc. Best check and re-check your measurements with a caliper.

Perhaps you will want to take a look at this chart Note the Crafstman, and the Rigid both made by Emerson have a .750 slot, and the miter bar on that tenoning jig is going to be .753. What do you think the odds are of it fitting. Even if OP's measurement is wrong, it still doesn't fit any better.

Plus the reviews aren't so good Do note it says MOST TS's, so it will not fit the "older" Craftsman unless a machinist has taken the bar down.

GW
(02-09-2017, 07:24 PM)ez-duzit Wrote: Here's the guy trying to hold the workpiece against the fence. No room for regular clamps.
I'd say he is succeeding in his attempt to hold the work against the fence.

The lack of a clamp is a valid criticism that has been addressed above by me and others.  I'll let Huey (the author) respond with another photo and caption from the article. 

Here's the photo and caption:

[Image: Web-Tenon-Jig_Pg_1_3-1303.jpg]
"The first tenoning jig I built years ago. It’s seen a lot of use on my table saw and my router.  When I went to build a new jig, I realized that this one served me so well that I didn’t need to add any more features to make it more useful."
The WoodRiver Tennoning Jig  fit my C-Man 113. just fine.  Didn't use it as much as I thought, good solid jig. Dan
Another shop-made tenoning jig....

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/wp-con...ng-Jig.pdf
(02-08-2017, 02:18 PM)JSpill Wrote: I have a Craftsman table saw bought used in the 70's. The miter gauge is undersized and will not accept 3/4" wide gauges. I think it was Sears way of making you buy Craftsman accessories for the saw as other manufacturers products would not fit in the miter slot. Anyways, I would like to buy a tenoning jig for this saw. Does anyone make a tenoning jig that will fit this saw's miter slot? I really don't want to buy a jig and have to sand the miter bar down to fit the undersized slot. I guess I could make my own, but it would be a lot easier to buy one that fits.

I've got two Craftsman saws;

This contractor's saw:

[Image: DSCF0967.JPG]

and this cabinet saw that I rehabbed last year:

[Image: 103_22420-051.jpg]

I bought one of these Tenoning jigs from a fellow woodnetter off TS&S.

[Image: 41BEGg6DBFL._SX300_.jpg]

Interestingly enough the bar fits in the contractor saw but not the cabinet saw.

On the cabinet saw the bar was both too big and in the wrong place.

I disassembled the jig to see if I could alleviate both issues.  The bar was too wide, but only just. Like you suggested, I used my stationary belt sander to reduce the  width.  I was careful no to remove so much as to make the bar loose in the contractor saw.

In reassembling the jig, I mounted the bar in a different set of holes that were in the base plate. Unfortunately the reconfiguration covered up the mounting hole for the angle indicator.  I didn't see this as a major drawback as it is a very coarse design and I wouldn't have used it anyway as  I typically use my Wixey for setting angles. All the extra bits were placed in a bag in case I ever want to put the jig back in it's original configuration.

I've used it twice in the cabinet saw and it works fine.  If you want I can post some photos of the reconfigured jig.
chris