Fun little project with my son
While this isn't technically woodworking it was a fun project with my youngest son. He has been wanting to get some pet mice and saved up enough money to buy them and a cage. After looking at the cages available I quickly came to the conclusion they were all junk. We decided we would take some polycarbonate scraps I have and build our own. We took about two hours this afternoon and with some scraps and a few dowels built a nice little house for them. We added some bedding, a water bottle, a food dish and a few paper towel tubs to hide in and they are quite happy. It's nothing too fancy but my sone is quite proud of himself for helping and I don't think the mice will complain. It gives the cat something to keep him occupied too. 
Smirk

photo C1848A6B-040B-4AF8-AF5E-3477204155F2_zpshkljk9vm.jpg

photo 136A9123-6D27-475F-A8DD-B4F864C7F3CB_zpsgdjzzrbk.jpg

photo 14AB8A05-CC74-48E6-8465-038DB2154FA7_zpsnzv7imxp.jpg

photo 463EE025-BD8E-46ED-9A4A-84563634DA1C_zpsiiw5zpbk.jpg
That is just clear wood, ya know.
Laugh 

Excellent job! That cat is gonna get a complex.
Uhoh
Uhoh
Big Grin
Dad of the month winner. Looks like your Son is happy, and that is the good part.

Love the Cat pic, LOML and I both got a good laugh at that one, thanks for posting.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(02-10-2017, 09:42 PM)Steve N Wrote: Dad of the month winner. Looks like your Son is happy, and that is the good part.

Love the Cat pic, LOML and I both got a good laugh at that one, thanks for posting.

I had the chance for the perfect picture earlier and couldn't get to my camera fast enough. The cat was watching the mice and the dog was watching the cat. Our dog is big enough that his head is a little higher than the countertop so the picture was perfect I was just too slow.

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Yes
BontzSawWorks.net
Love it.  Why buy it when you can build it.  Looks like you son approves of this project and I bet the cat will be more entertaining to watch than the mice.
Big Grin
Your son looks happy as can be. Nice job you both did. What did you use to glue it all together?
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
Nice job on the cage.  That's a project your son will remember for a long time, as much because you did it together as because it's a cool project in its own right.  
Yes
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Neat. How long before the cat pushes it off the counter onto the floor? Does the mouse then get out? I'm waiting for the continuing saga.
Big Grin

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
(02-11-2017, 09:24 AM)JerrySats Wrote: Your son looks happy as can be. Nice job you both did. What did you use to glue it all together?

Jerry, we solvent welded the pieces together. This involves taping the two pieces to be joined together and using a syringe to squirt just enough solvent to get sucked into the joint. It takes a little finess but creates a stron clean joint.