Sanding Discs
Another vote for Vince.  I use my discs mounted to a velcro sanding attachment on my drill.  I use the Tim Skilton pads.  I find they last longer than any other brand I've tried.  I'd also point out that hand sanding is often preferred to power sanding.  Some wood just demands it.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Will be visiting his site!!

Rick
Any government that robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul!
MAGA!!
Allan

Do you have a link to Tim Skilton pads?

I have been buying my pads and paper from lee valley and just can not keep up with the 2" and 3" paper and would like to get from Vince's but do not know the cost.  I always have to think of the $$ to save for many things we need.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I have one or two of the Skilton pads that I think I originally got from Craft Supplies. I just buy every thing from Vince. His pads are pretty good. As for price on his discs, I am pretty sure they are not the cheapest, but you get the best deal for your money. They cut longer than any other discs I have used except for the Norton Dry Ice discs. The difference between the two is not how long they cut, but price. Last time I bought the Norton discs, they were more than twice the cost of Vince's discs. 

For Vince's pads, I prefer the rounded over firm pads for most of my bowl sanding, up to 180 or 220, then switch to his medium pads. The pads wear out, but the main mandrill does not. Don't like square edge pads at all, but maybe for rolling pins or straight sections.

robo hippy
link not working for Vince store, anybody else have problems?
Vince sent an email out stating his site is down currently but should be up in the next few days. He never got a renewal notice on his domain so they temporarily closed it until he took care of the issue.

-Mark
Remember, in the next world you're on your own!
I use Vince's sandpaper (blue mostly), sanding pads and mandrels all the time and have had good luck with them. One exception was I just chucked up one of his 2" mandrels that I had laying around for a few years and the rubber (or whatever material it is) disintegrated as soon as I started using it. I attribute this to age of it, as it just appeared to be dried out. Not a quality problem on his part, but just keep in mind these things have a limited life.
Remember, in the next world you're on your own!
(02-17-2017, 12:24 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Allan

Do you have a link to Tim Skilton pads?

I have been buying my pads and paper from lee valley and just can not keep up with the 2" and 3" paper and would like to get from Vince's but do not know the cost.  I always have to think of the $$ to save for many things we need.

skilton pads
(02-17-2017, 12:24 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I have been buying my pads and paper from lee valley and just can not keep up with the 2" and 3" paper and would like to get from Vince's but do not know the cost.  I always have to think of the $$ to save for many things we need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G44HICpHgqg&t=624s shows a guy who makes his own pads.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.