Which carbide tool do you have?
Forget about the MT shank since I found out in the link it is a 1/4" quick shaft
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Forget about the MT shank since I found out in the link it is a 1/4" quick shaft

Arlin, the 1/4" one I linked to does have the quick connect shaft, most don't.  The chucks are made for drills and most will be threaded, they do not have a mounting method like chucks for lathes or a drill press. 
In the 1/2" I use the chuck itself as the "bulb" of the handle and the wood just tapers up to it (no ferrule).  I do not find it cumbersome or bulky at all. 
I may try to take some pics and start a new thread on quick change.  I also have one with a square hold sleeve to accept various 1/2" square bar.
Sorry to the OP for taking the thread so far off course.