Which carbide tool do you have?
Don

Down in the basement John is selling carbide tools and cutters for $5 or so each
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-21-2017, 01:52 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Don

Down in the basement John is selling carbide tools and cutters for $5 or so each

It's not in the basement. It's in Tools, Swap & Sell.
https://forums.woodnet.net/showthread.php?tid=7327453
Herb

Glad you knew what I meant and thanks for the link
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Arlin, I do use the Trend Lapping Fluid; hopefully, by following their directions, the diamonds will last longer.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Those are some excellent prices and the work looks as good as any. 
Forget what I said about buying your own bar, drill and tap.....
I see the ends of the square bar are rounded so I do suggest you make a quick change handle yourself.
About $15 for a decent keyless chuck.
I don't have a photo of my 1/2" handle but here is my 1/4" for detail work (keyed chuck).

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks Arlin I'll keep this in mind.
Don
(02-21-2017, 06:16 PM)NCPaladin Wrote: Those are some excellent prices and the work looks as good as any. 
Forget what I said about buying your own bar, drill and tap.....
I see the ends of the square bar are rounded so I do suggest you make a quick change handle yourself.
About $15 for a decent keyless chuck.
I don't have a photo of my 1/2" handle but here is my 1/4" for detail work (keyed chuck).

How did you make the end of the handle and where did you get the parts or size of the Jacobs chuck.

(02-21-2017, 06:11 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Herb

Glad you knew what I meant and thanks for the link

No problem buddy. Glad to help out.
Big Grin
(02-21-2017, 09:12 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: How did you make the end of the handle and where did you get the parts or size of the Jacobs chuck.

That particular one was a chuck from an old electric drill.  Drill chucks are pretty much standard; the 1/4" takes a 3/8" bolt and a 1/2" chuck a 1/2" bolt.  Just buy the proper bolt you need, cut off the head, and insert in the wood handle.
1/4" are tough to find but they now have the easy connect with a shaft which should be plenty long enough to epoxy in.
The 1/4" is great for small hollowers (bent allen wrench), 3 point, or lots of other small tools.
On my 1/2" the bolt goes 3" into the handle but you could go deeper if you wish...just buy a longer bolt.
https://www.amazon.com/Keyless-Change-Ad...rill+chuck
I'm not suggesting this particular one at Amazon, just give a "like this" for the 1/4".
First what morris taper is it and it is kind of bulky to use?