Enduro-Var question
I too have had problems with Endurovar (white spots from just simple dinner plates and REALLY easily scratched) on a table top.

I attempted to contact their customer "service". They were the worst I have ever dealt with. It really put a bad taste in my mouth for the company. I should've expected that by how difficult they make an email to find on their website. It's a shame because I generally (no pun intended) like their finished and it was something I could reliably buy at my local woodcraft.
-Marc

Marc, your comments about EnduroVar are surprising.  I've never had an issue with it.  I did some testing a few years ago where I left water on it for many hours - no effect.  I did some rub tests, too, and it was really good; not quite as good as Enduro Clear Poly, but still very good.  I've used in on a balustrade, too, and several years in the threshold still looks good as far as I know.    

As for GF's customer service; yes, that seems to be really, really poor.

John