Clamp rack ideas- pics please
Have a nice pile of clamps I need to store conveniently in my new shop.  Anyone have some great ideas they want to share.

Need to do something better than this-

[Image: 20170222_101605_zps8tznmobo.jpg]
rack for woodworking clamps -- click on the picture to go to the site
Here are pictures of the Clamp rack I build .
I used a Pine 2 X 8 board  and J bolts from Home depot 10" long , drilled the holes little smaller than diameter of the J bolts in board and then just screwed in the bolts.

The spacing of the bolts was determine by the space of the clamp between the handle and inner edge of the clamp.

It took 2 hours to complete project including the hanging of the board.
The J bolts average  $ 1.50 each  so it was a inexpensive and quick project.

for smaller and odd size clamps I used a small section of a slot wall with hooks , it was also inexpensive . I found the material on local Craigslist.

Of course there are lot of ideas and plans on the Internet, shop notes etc. But all of them require substantial time and material.
My goal was to complete  the project quickly but very functional.

[Image: 33057279985_c12de3665a_z.jpg]" />

[Image: 33057281995_258d29c203_z.jpg]" />
20 years ago I just made a simple "A" frame, with horizontal 2x2 fir with the top of the horizontals beveled to match the A frame angle; gravity holds them in.  Didn't put wheels on mine, nor did I slot the horizontals, just place the clamps side by side, I must have 50 clamps in mine as I've accumulated many over the years, so wheels likely wouldn't work, too heavy.  Not unlike this picture:

[Image: dit246_3fa_e.jpg]
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I've not had a plan - just added racks when clamps are added to the inventory. Here are pics that show most type clamps and their racks that most woodworkers will have.

[Image: DSCN3601.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3602.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3603.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3604.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3605.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3606.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3607.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3608.jpg]

And I used about 75% of these clamps on my most recent project - a crib for GGSON - nearly finished. All white oak - MT construction with biscuits where needed. Almost finished! This thing is more like a fort than a crib!

[Image: DSCN3598.jpg]

[Image: DSCN3599.jpg]

r2
I haven't done anything yet in the new barn. I have a TeePee style rack similar to the one Admiral posted but it's a PIA, and for it's total footprint it really doesn't hold that many clamps. What I had and will probably  redo is 2 of these on a wooden rolling deck, with 2x4's upright on the corners and 2x4's around the top to keep things from tipping, I can clamp all manner of clamp around the outsides, and put longer clamps down into the 2 cylinders. Definitely NOT pretty, but extremely functional, and unlike a wall of clamps that you have to carry them back and forth to use, you can roll it all right up to your assembly.  Whatever you decide on, you will appreciate it more if it rolls right up to your assembly.
Big Grin

[Image: d97bfbf9-cf37-40d2-8fe2-6be3958eba6d_400_compressed.jpg]

Actually this IS my rolling rack It now has a floor on it to lay C clamps, and shorties. Loaded it still rolls really well. I actually bought it from Popular woodworking at one of their, they used to have get together's when they were a real magazine. You see the staff thought it was a great idea, but after using it they all decided it sucked. I didn't believe them so I bought it. Like I said for the amount of floor space you can put a lot more clamps in trash cans, and a roller rack.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Just built this mobile rack.

6C447485FE69_zpsaj8u5bsc.jpg.html][Image: 0E0C3C66-5E66-49ED-B3C9-6C447485FE69_zpsaj8u5bsc.jpg][/URL]

8B91C2330F1F_zpsroxuiuwv.jpg.html][Image: E24E2EB5-72AE-4884-8A47-8B91C2330F1F_zpsroxuiuwv.jpg][/URL]
[Image: clamps.jpg]

Uses T Track and toilet bolts from home depot in bulk and 2x4s and 2x3s. Saw it in shopnotes.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I was going to post a pic of mine, but it's pretty much the same as gibbcutter. I copied it from Norm's show when he built one.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Most of mine are simply hung on the header or on strips nailed/screwed between the wall studs.

[Image: shop-7_zpsugsm9fca.jpg]
Wood is good.