A "New" Pencil
OK, I'm a sucker for a good pencil thread.  I went to HD the other evening and picked up a couple dozen of their fat orange pencils.  The last couple batches of flat carpenter pencils I bought were thoroughly disappointing, so I'll be anxious to see how these work.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(03-02-2017, 08:11 AM)Bill Wilson Wrote:  The last couple batches of flat carpenter pencils I bought were thoroughly disappointing

I'll never forget my old boss saying "those things are only good for pushing your hemorrhoids back in"

I haven't used one since.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

(03-02-2017, 03:27 PM)CLETUS Wrote: I'll never forget my old boss saying "those things are only good for pushing your hemorrhoids back in"

I haven't used one since.

Well I certainly wouldn't borrow his.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(03-02-2017, 04:19 PM)Bill Wilson Wrote: Well I certainly wouldn't borrow his.

Why on Earth would you want to borrow a hemorrhoid?
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Excellent derail 3 posts up.
Laugh 

My fav pencils bought from Lowes probably 5 years ago. C.H. Hanson. Ended up getting about 10 tubes of them.
Nice wood pencil, 15 in a tube with a hand sharpener. $2.00 a tube if I remember right.

Also bought a box of the Ticonderoga no.2 triangular shaped back when someone said they were all the rage of pencils. Well I hate em. Hard to grip, don't sharpen well.  Bought a box of 36 and there's still 35 in there.

Wonder if HD would send out 1 pencil, with free shipping?
Raised  
Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh  
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

The older Boston crank pencil sharpeners are showing up at yard sales for two or three bucks. We saw one in an antique shop the other day for twenty bucks.
Come on that's price gouging! Oh well, that's what they do best.
Sorry, I'm ranting.
Yard sales are the best place to find them.

Joe
(03-03-2017, 08:25 AM)Joe Tilson Wrote: The older Boston crank pencil sharpeners are showing up at yard sales for two or three bucks. We saw one in an antique shop the other day for twenty bucks.          
Come on that's price gouging! Oh well, that's what they do best.
Sorry, I'm ranting.
Yard sales are the best place to find them.

Joe

I'm hoarding 3 of them. Got them when they were new.
Tongue 
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I bought a few of the Dixon Jumbo finishing pencils form Lowe's some time back.  I think the lead holds up better.  I like them a lot for general marking and labeling.  I have mechanical and a marking knife for the critical stuff.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
I just bought some of those HD pencils. Sharpened with the little block to a fine point. Nothing wrong with them and the point is so sharp they hang up on my shirt when I try and pocket them. That is my only complaint.
Laugh

They do a fine line just fine.