Lights in the attic
Lights in the Attic. I am looking to put lights in my attic. Looking for a brand and place to purchase that will work in both heat and cold being it is in the attic. I have a ranch house so will need quite a few. I remember at one time people talking about lights sold in Cosco is that something that maybe possible???  Thanks in advance.
John T.
What are you trying to achieve up there with the lighting?
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Cheapest you can get as they don't get used much but when you do any work or storage in the attic they are well worth it.
I put pull chain fixtures in my attic. Plain old 60 watt bulbs.
Infrequent use, for limited time when used, plain ol' incandescent bulbs in a porcelain box mounted socket is what I use. I installed a switch on the framing in my attic for convenience, but a pull chain would have worked fine, too.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Agree on the incandescent lamps.   The high temp in the attic will be hard on the drivers for the leds or the electronic ballasts for T8's.   Cold temps ok for either.   Roly
Well I am having air conditioning put in this year and the workers will be working in the attic throughout. I will be storing many things up there that I do not have room for so will be up there often. Can not get incandescent bulbs any more so I am stuck with leds or CF anyway.
John T.
I find it hard to believe you can't get incandescent bulbs anymore.
If not locally, you can sure as hell buy them online.
Where do you live where you can't buy light-bulbs?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I just bought the fixtures for my shop attic, as several suggested, I went with porcelain sockets that will hold 60 watt incandescent bulbs. These will be on a switch, so I didn't get the pull chain. 60 Watt incandescent can be had at any of the box stores locally, or even Walmart.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.