chisel opinion or review
Question 
I was at Lowes this am and purchased a set of 3 butt chisels. I paid 19.99. So right next was row of Stanley Fat Max 4 chisels Irwin and China the china was 10.99 but the other three were with a stainless end cap and all looked like they came out of the same factory. They are hefty. so for everyday not fine carpentry work what is the difference they all have a lifetime warranty?
Craftsman and Dewalt also make a similar product I was happy with 19.99 Lowes rather than 29.99. I have many otherf chisels for the sake of saving them I purchased this utilitarian version. What say you?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-1-in-Woo...el/3583146
The Chinese can make good hand tools, you may by accident get one. A tale of two chisels, a Chinese chisel made for Princess Auto (Harbor Freight type store) and a Buck Bros. Rabbiting plywood the Buck Bros. edge folded. On hitting a staple the Princes Auto chipped. Both were abused ,but guess which one stood up better?
A man of foolish pursuits
(02-25-2017, 11:21 AM)Jack in omaha Wrote: I was at Lowes this am and purchased a set of 3 butt chisels. I paid 19.99. So right next was row of Stanley Fat Max 4 chisels Irwin and China the china was 10.99 but the other three were with a stainless end cap and all looked like they came out of the same factory. They are hefty. so for everyday not fine carpentry work what is the difference they all have a lifetime warranty?
Craftsman and Dewalt also make a similar product I was happy with 19.99 Lowes rather than 29.99. I have many otherf chisels for the sake of saving them I purchased this utilitarian version. What say you?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-1-in-Woo...el/3583146

The Irwin and the Kobalt appear to be the exact same chisel; I was just at Lowe's this morning and saw them. I saw a review recently on Youtube where the guy said he wasn't thrilled with them--that the backs weren't flat, took a long time to flatten because the steel was so hard. The good news is if he's right and the steel's that hard, they should hold up pretty well. I have the predecessor set branded Marples, and I love them, though a mysterious chip just appeared in the 1/4" cutting edge.
If you're gonna be one, be a Big Red One.
So I bought a 1.5 inch Lowes Kobalt unused and got it flat and sharp I have been very pleased and was trying to buy others on ebay and the Loews page pooped up so for the 20 buck no shipping I was in. The handles fit my hand very well feel balance and they have some heft to them. 

I gave $9 for the 1.5 inch chisel and a cool Miller falls Holdall 732 10 brace at local goodwill thrift store.