Charles Parker Vise Rehab
I've done a few. I like to strip the paint with wire wheel. Clean well with lacquer thinner. Prime and then paint with ceramic based engine enamel sold at O'Reilly's. Medium heat will be a semi gloss. High heat is flat. Clean the threaded rod on the wire wheel too. Lube and reassemble. I don't think it's worth the time to fill casting voids but we all have different time frames. Nice vise, btw....

We have  a Reed at work that is my dream vise.  I see no evidence that it was ever painted. I bought a Parker from Ebay that is not painted either.  I like it that way.  Vises on ebay seem to have gone up quite a bit in the last couple of years. When I bought the Parker, I had plenty of choices for reasonable money.  Now it seems they are all pretty high.
Some progress to report on this beast:

[Image: IMG_0826_zps5dx6y1wa.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0827_zpsrrompjja.jpg]
Great job on the Parker. Time to mount up and go to work!
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Well, its for my son, who is into auto mechanics, so from here its his baby, all 76.6 pounds of it.