New Planer - in the market
I have a 18 year old Delta Portable Planer 22-560 that I was looking to get parts to replace it only to find out half of the parts I need are now obsolete and not worth fixing this unit.  What is a good planer now a days?  I remember hearing a few years back DeWalt made a good one.  I am open to suggestions.  Thanks!
You will get positive comments from some here on the Dewalt. I bought (many years ago) the earlier version of this Ridgid. Although I've since upgraded to a 15" floor model with a carbide cutterhead, I could not bring myself to get rid of this planer. Still use it for some jobs.

Lifetime warranty is hard to beat and it is a workhorse.

Doug
Where 'bouts are you?  Some of us may have/know about a good used unit.
Big Grin

I've got this 15" Powermatic . . . 
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Im in southern california.
Thanks Doug!
Too far for me -- but have you watched Craigslist?  Planers seem to pop up frequently -- you might even find one like you've got in good shape for cheap.

Good luck!
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
110 I'd say a DeWalt 735, but spend the 100 bux extra, and get the extension tables

220 I'd say a Griz, most bang for your buck. they have a nice 15" with or without a Heli head they do a lot of work for the dollar.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Personally I'd call the Dewalt 735 the current benchmark in bench top planers. But for not much more you can move on to a stationary planer, seems like i just saw something today that said the 15" Griz is on sale (the one with a stand). But if you're stuck with 120V service, the Dewalt should be very worthy.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Im leaning towards the DeWalt as well.  I have the outfeed tables on my old Delta Planer and love having it.  The DeWalt seems to have very good reviews in my research.  Glad to hear from others positive results as well
+1 for the 735.  I got mine shortly after they came out.  It is nearing it's last leg so I will replace it with a 735.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood