Wedgie sled
Since I have never made any segmented anything I am by no means even very knowledgeable about it to the best. 

If a person make a two legged sled is there an option of taking one leg off anytime he wish's?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin
The sled Angus pictured is exactly what I was talking about, only with two pieces mounted in the tracks so you can cut on the top of one and the bottom of the other as shown in the wedgie you-tube videos.
(03-04-2017, 01:27 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: If a person make a two legged sled is there an option of taking one leg off anytime he wish's?
Sure, you can do that. You can even use the Wedgie to set the angle on the remaining fence.

Probably remove the upper one to make room for a wider segment should that be desired.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
That is maybe why Angus said what he did.  I wonder just how big they can make?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Someone in a local turning club was making the wedgie system on his CNC a year or so ago, and I inquired this last couple weeks about having one made, but he isn't doing any more. Bummer. I may have to try and talk someone into selling theirs. If that fails, then I'll be making my own. I just prefer to not spend my time making jigs...
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com