Looks like I'll need a saw...
I think I found a place nearby, that sharpens these type of saws.....about $0.60 an inch.   Works out to around $15 or so......have to save up a bit, as I have about 6 saws that need some work.     Anything above 7 ppi, I can't do.....hard to see the teeth.    My rip saws are fine......the rest....meh.    I have a D-8, 8ppi that is still in good shape.   Not sure about the other 2 D-8s....

Will get over there in a week or two, and report back what I find out....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
In the mean time.....decided to give it a workout ( and me a Cardio..
Rolleyes .)

Just before I started to saw  this 1/2" x 3-1/2" pine board...and

Just after the cut was finished ( camera set up time?
Wink )

There is a place to  store the box and saw.    Seems I needed the bench top for other little chores..

Pine was rough sawn....no longer, thanks to a Millers Falls No. 11.....

I think I need a nap.....
Yes
Two saws have been dropped off at the sharpening service place....the 4 x 24, and one of the 5 x 28 No. 4 saws.     I have another 5 x 28 as a spare.   I guess I can "make do" until the two saws come back home?   Somewhere in the $30 range, to have both saws sharpened up.   Might have a few D-8 crosscut saws for him to do, later.     three D-8s, a D-7, a No.7 and three D-23s.....might take a few trips...
Machine sharpened at that service, or by hand?
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Not sure, what little I saw of the very SMALL shop, there wasn't any "Foley" machines.   Will find out when I pick them up next week.
(03-10-2017, 10:21 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Not sure, what little I saw of the very SMALL shop, there wasn't any "Foley" machines.   Will find out when I pick them up next week.

$30 for a miter box saw is a very good price... way too many teeth on those bad boys.