# 12 rehandeled
Quite a few month ago I got this special handeled #12.  

[Image: 12%2BUrsprung.jpg]

I wanted the real handle. On woodnet a member was kind to send a scan of the handle with numbers.

[Image: stanley%2B12%2Bhandle.jpeg]

I don't turn. So I went to Alex, who turns our gents saw handle. Before I derustetd the plane.

[Image: IMG_1609.JPG]
Alex did all the turning after I destroyed some yew I've brought. Love padauk, though the camara doesn't fetch all the colours.

[Image: IMG_1610.JPG]
Now I'm looking for screws. Diameter 5,6mm about 24 tpi and 32mm long.

[Image: IMG_1611.JPG]
[/url][url=https://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=2483824346610407201&postID=794500942295979953&from=pencil]

Cheers
Pedder

[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Merken[/font]
Pedder: Nice job, but you have to admit: that original handle had character. Phil
want it? I think I still have it somewhere.

Cheers
Pedder
It's going to be hard to find those screws.  Can't you use the ones from the prior handle, they are likely original.  Otherwise, you can re-tap to match what screws you find.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Glad to see the handle come together. I wondered if you ever got to it, but like me and my shop projects things take time.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Nice upgrade.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
After reading about this I had to check mine to see what it had for screws as I wouldn't think that they would be metric and what I found is they are not metric but a special size 1/4" plus x18 threads,which I can't figure out why they would that.I would check ebay and get one with the bolts in it as cheap as I could buy or re-drill and tap for 5/16 -18 screw.
Seems to be a 12-24 pan head 1 1/4.
Smile 
Pedder:

What's that French phrase for "to each his own"?  Now I remember--"what the heck were you thinking, dude"?  Nice rehab, but that color is so "not my cup of tea".  (That's a U.S. expression, translation = "There's no accounting for taste".)  
Laugh
Wink
Tony
(03-04-2017, 04:46 PM)Tony (Charleston WV) Wrote: Pedder:

What's that French phrase for "to each his own"?   (That's a U.S. expression, translation = "There's no accounting for taste".)  
Laugh
Wink

In Latin "de gustibus non est disputandum"
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis