# 12 rehandeled
I don't speak french, though I was taught 3 Years at school. But that is 28 years ago.

In Germany you'd say: Über Geschmack kann man nicht streiten. The same meaning like the Latin phrase.

Like all natural red tones, it will vanishing to a darker red and ending in a dep brown.
I'll try to keep it in my UV-light free basement shop, so the color will stay a bit longer.

Cheers
Pedder
Regarding the color:

on this pictiure you can see our new "very fine saw" side by side to a gents saw handled rasp.
Both the same padauk as the #12 handle. But the rasp handle is 5 years old.

[Image: IMG_1630.JPG]

Cheers
Pedder
Pedder

I like it, it gives color to a colorless tool.  Now if you did all your tools that way it might look really neat
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Pedder

I am pretty sure I have the Die for that screw that I got from a guy here who was selling them.  I will check and loan it to you when I find it but can not go out in the garage for a few more weeks.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Hi Arlin, I recut some m6 screw with an 12-24 UNC . That seems not to be the correct pitch, but it works ok:

Test:

[Image: IMG_1616.JPG]

blued recutet SScrews with a slotted head

[Image: 73766_1.jpg]