Looking for Multi-tool ?
I'm wanting to know if anyone knows of a multi-tool that would have a diagonal pliers feature rather than the standard needle nose pliers? Thoughts are using multi- tool to have handy to cut secured zip ties when the standard diagonal cut pliers aren't handy.
Reason I'm asking in the category is I'm home improving father in laws house and surprised at the places I'm coming across zip ties securing wiring/ cables.
What the Heck, Give it a Try
I certainly haven't seen one as far as I can recall.  I would likely just shove a small pair of cutters in my back pocket if I wasn't wearing a tool belt.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Nor have I. When I had a day job, my company thought "purchasing" was a trade of it's own. So anytime you placed a PO to buy something, it was scanned with meticulous detail b our "buyers". When I ordered some Lethermans for our techs, I swear they reviewed every one made....even some things they found at HF. None had the diagonal cutters as opposed to the needle nose style. Side note, I got the Leathermans but on;y after our afety guy had the buyers ask if we could get them without knife blades (for safety reasons, don't want anyone to cut themselves).
Laugh  (No, I didn't work for any govt. agency.)
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks for the replies, I've been carrying a small ( compared to modern large versions) Sog multi tool for over 2 decades now and was hopeful of doing the same with a diagonal plier version. I am quite disappointed in the overwhelming import version that Sog offers now.
For now I'm going to carry the small diagonal as mentioned since using my pocketknife last week on a zip tie dealt me 7 stitches in my finger- wrong tool for job.
Does the Swisschamp  (Swiss Army have some that are more to your liking?  They aren't really needle nose.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Scott, Thanks for the lead on the Swisschamp as the video promoting the knife does show a very interesting knife.
My pleasure.  I plan to add that one soon.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Back in the day, I used to always carry a Leatherman tool on the job. Many of them have side cutters at the base of the long nose pliers and I have used them to cut hundreds of zip ties over the years.
Take a look at SOG Powercut or if you are rich, you can check out a Gerber Cabledawg.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
Thanks for the reply, the CableDawg might take a support belt to carry but there's some real thinking involved in that one.