28-350 tires
Looks like I am in need of...
[Image: IMG_20170304_114957_802.jpg]

I can get oem sort of rubber at like 85 a tire. 135 if I have them crown it. here
I could get these..I don't think they need crowned
These are probably what I am leaning to now ....Mucho denaro
I really do not want to try to crown them myself...... call me crazy
Rolleyes or lazy ......
Any other Ideas Braintrust .

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

The standard Snap-Lock T profile tire for the 28-350 comes pre-crowned, the last set I got from Iturra was ~$180 for a pair.  I would call Louis to check on prices and compare them to Bobby's prices.  While I like the Sulpher Grove tires on small saws as you get to 20" and larger I tend to like the more traditional tires, at least you don;t have to glue on the tires on that Delta.
first off they do not need to be crowned I run flat on my saw they work just fine 

second 125 a tire is pretty outrageous  

this is more like it
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Those are the main options that I would have recommended. Your choices are somewhat limited with that saw. The saw originally had rubber tires on it, and the product and customer service from Woodworkers Toolworks are top notch. If you would prefer urethane tire, then I expect one of the two options you mentioned should work fine. The two urethan options appear to be the same price, so I'm not sure why you called the Blue Max "mucho Dinero." 

--Geoff
(03-04-2017, 07:18 PM)gcrimmins Wrote:  The saw originally had rubber tires on it, 

--Geoff

Actually, the original Delta Snap Lock tires for the 28-350 were a form of plastic called Tex.. something or other but were later changed to urethane but retained the black color.  AFAIK the Snap Lock tires are still made of urethane just (based on feel) a higher durometer than the urethane used by the aftermarket tire producers.
I will give Mr. Iturra a call Monday . I will probably get a blade from him while I have him on the phone . I called and talked to him when I originally refurbed the saw . I was looking for one of his tension springs for it . He said that he only supplied them for the 14 " . I ended up getting oem from sears of all places .
Those belts from Sulfer Grove get high marks . I will probably call them as well . Thanks for the replies .

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

The original tires were made of a plastic called texron or something close to that.  I have the follow on version of that saw, the 20" Rockwell Delta.  I ran the original tires as long as I could, even with a chunk out of one till one completely failed.  Had I been smart, I would have gotten my hands on an OEM replacement set of tires when they were available for around 60 a tire, but by the time I was ready, they were long gone.  Over on OWWM, they are pretty specific about not using the cheap urethane replacement tires and going with rubber tires from Woodworkers Tool Supply.  You can buy them crowned or uncrowned.  You already quoted the prices. The replacement tires are very thick and should last longer than I will ever hope to own and run this saw.  Some pics if you want to see what I went through to replace the tires.

Top spindle mounted in the mill vice.

[Image: P1100275.JPG]

After the first cut:

[Image: P1100270.JPG]

[Image: P1100271.JPG]

[Image: P1100273.JPG]

You can view the original thread here: http://owwm.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134605&start=15
Peachtree sells one specified for your saw, and also the one that Joe linked to. I would call them and see if the lower priced one worked in their estimation. If the lower priced one would work I'd do that.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I got a chance to talk to Mr. Iturra . His tires are delta oem as he is a Delta distributor . He is out of stock . He said with the new Delta he gets stock on a quarterly basis . He used to get them for around 60.00 ... Not no more ...asked if I was sitting when I asked what the price would be  , when they returned to stock.
He said he would stick to the snap lock design if he were me . I am going with his advice .
My choices are the orange or blue . I think I am going Amazon Prime on them . Shipped and sold by Peachtree ....5% back on my prime card .

(03-06-2017, 01:24 PM)fishhh4 Wrote: I got a chance to talk to Mr. Iturra . His tires are delta oem as he is a Delta distributor . He is out of stock . He said with the new Delta he gets stock on a quarterly basis . He used to get them for around 60.00 ... Not no more ...asked if I was sitting when I asked what the price would be  , when they returned to stock.
He said he would stick to the snap lock design if he were me . I am going with his advice .
My choices are the orange or blue . I think I am going Amazon Prime on them . Shipped and sold by Peachtree ....5% back on my prime card .

That tire option wasn't available when I did my saw a few years ago.  It's pricey, but as long as its an upgraded polyurethane with the rib to fit the groove in the wheel, than its probably the way to go.  Post back with some pix of the install, I'd love to see it.