Delta Unisaw Newest design
I am looking at purchasing a new Unisaw. I am trying to find out what the dimensions of the cabinet is to make sure I can get it in my basement. The only information I can get from Delta is the box size. I don't have a dealer in reasonable distance. I would plan to remove the table top and possibly the motor. Any help would be appreciated.
You're probably aware, but Delta is now owned by Cheng Type Ltd, and has moved manufacturing of the Unisaw overseas to Asia.  Tool quality, parts availability, and customer service have come into question under their watch.  Considering there are excellent alternatives by way of the Saw Stop PCS 3hp w/T-glide fence upgrade, as well as the PM2000, there's no way I'd even consider spending that much money on a new Delta saw. That doesn't answer your question, but wanted to make sure you knew the latest on Delta's situation.
Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

The fact that the only info. you can get from Delta is the box size should tell you something.  If you want a new saw, look elsewhere.  If you want a Unisaw, buy an old one.  I have one built in 1954 and it still runs great. 

John
Interesting, you can't even get the footprint size from their mobile base. Someone who has one may be able to measure and post the dimensions.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Don't know if this will help from Rockler's site.     Looks like the table is 31x40" with wings attached so it will be less than that.   It probably does not come with the wings on it so it will be less than 40" in that direction.    What size opening do you need to go through ?    Stairs are another problem as far as the weight.   On a Grizzly 1023 I took the table off and the motor off so two could carry in down the steps.   Make sure steps are braced for the weight.    Roly
I was aware that there has been turnover at Delta. The price is down to $2600 with free shipping. I assumed that quality would not have deteriorated that much. I agree that the service advice I got for a simple question was disappointing. I really like the size of the table and the other advertised  features. I assume my concerns for getting the saw through the basement door would be similar for other cabinet saws. I have to get it through a 32 " door. Thanks for the comments.
Our local price for Saw Stop is $ 3600 CDN. If you  X .75 = $ 2700 US.
A man of foolish pursuits
(03-05-2017, 04:51 PM)BOB547 Wrote: I was aware that there has been turnover at Delta. The price is down to $2600 with free shipping. I assumed that quality would not have deteriorated that much. I agree that the service advice I got for a simple question was disappointing. I really like the size of the table and the other advertised  features. I assume my concerns for getting the saw through the basement door would be similar for other cabinet saws. I have to get it through a 32 " door. Thanks for the comments.

All things considered for 2600 I too would be looking elsewhere 

Especially since I have not seen one even reviewed since chang iron took them over 

You would be better off with a Grizzly clone of the old unisaw IMO

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(03-05-2017, 04:51 PM)BOB547 Wrote: I assume my concerns for getting the saw through the basement door would be similar for other cabinet saws. I have to get it through a 32 " door. Thanks for the comments.

My old-style Unisaw is only about 20" wide with wings removed.  If I tilt the motor under (or remove it) and remove the motor cover, then the base is the widest part, and that's only maybe 1/2" wider than the top.  Most if not all 10" cabinet saws would have similar dimensions.

And I too would be looking at Griz, PM, and SS before jumping into the new generation Unisaw.  Or a used Unisaw - they've been making them since the 30's or thereabouts, so there are a jillion of them out there.

Oh, and when I move here, I pulled the extension and side table off, tilted the arbor so the motor was tucked in, popped off the motor cover, and the movers moved it, including down the stairs to the basement. I braced the motor so moving wouldn't shock the mounts, which are breakable.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(03-05-2017, 04:51 PM)BOB547 Wrote: I was aware that there has been turnover at Delta. The price is down to $2600 with free shipping. I assumed that quality would not have deteriorated that much.

I wish I could agree, but I don't. I got burned badly, and will never buy Delta again. You can search  on my older posts (I think fall of 2015 was where my anti-Delta post count peaked) or PM me if you would like specifics. Grizzly seems like a good option -- I don't know if the quality is necessarily better, but they stand by their products. By the way, I have no knock against Delta's feature set, nor do I have an issue with the quality of a Unisaw before parts start failing. After that though...good luck finding replacement parts. Anywhere.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site