Sportsman themed pens
Been needing something for the sportsman in the pen department lately. After seeing similar ones done I thought I'd give the waterslide decals a try. Used them before but long ago and not this detailed. Wood is Maple. Thoughts?

[Image: 033_zpsiwbzvceb.jpg]
[Image: 036_zpsqvw0hxea.jpg]
[Image: 050_zpsntxtxoxe.jpg]

[Image: 053_zps8xm2ymkw.jpg]
[Image: 055_zps3isdtosi.jpg]

[Image: 038_zpsohahhk0g.jpg]
[Image: 040_zpsqlil0ang.jpg]
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
I think they look good,very nice job.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Thanks. So far everyone thats seen them like them. Must be doing something right.
Nice but how much does he charge for them?  I am thinking they are done an a lazer engraver.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
They are well worth whatever he charges.

Mel
I made them. The images are from waterslide decals printed from the computer. Did a search for wildlife images, saved them then resized and printed them. Amazingly easy for effect they give. Turn the blank and sealed it with CA glue. Laid on the decal and let it dry for a day then dip coated in polyurethane.  Trick is to put enough finish on them to cover the decal edge.

Turned these tonight and put the decal on, now leave them until tomorrow and finish them.
[Image: 022_zpsukljplav.jpg]
I like these! They should be popular with people who hunt and fish.
(03-07-2017, 10:53 PM)mranum Wrote: I made them. The images are from waterslide decals printed from the computer. Did a search for wildlife images, saved them then resized and printed them. Amazingly easy for effect they give. Turn the blank and sealed it with CA glue. Laid on the decal and let it dry for a day then dip coated in polyurethane.  Trick is to put enough finish on them to cover the decal edge.

Turned these tonight and put the decal on, now leave them until tomorrow and finish them.

great idea,they should sell very well.

Mel
Can I ask what decal paper you are using? I have been wanting to try water decals for a while but have never gotten around to getting the paper.

Thanks

Mark
(03-07-2017, 10:53 PM)mranum Wrote: I made them. The images are from waterslide decals printed from the computer. Did a search for wildlife images, saved them then resized and printed them. Amazingly easy for effect they give. Turn the blank and sealed it with CA glue. Laid on the decal and let it dry for a day then dip coated in polyurethane.  Trick is to put enough finish on them to cover the decal edge.

You did a fantastic job of making and figuring out how to make them.

What is waterslide decals and how can I get the vets to make them? I also have this printer Canon MX922 and wonder if that is good to do this with?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.