Recommended Stripper
What stripper do you recommend?   I've been asked to refinish a small end table and need to remove  multiple coats of varnish.    A couple of years ago I used a great stripper recommend by this forum but I can't remember the band name.  It is toxic.  Had to use a chemical mask and rubber gloves.  It was thick like heavy cream.
If it was me, it was KleanStrip Premium.   Not especially toxic, but it sure can burn so do take the normal precautions.  KS Premium will take off varnish, paint, and most finishes, and it won't harm well bonded veneer.  Be sure to neutralize afterwards with MS or KS's Afterwash.  You can use water, too, but that's not something I would do.  

John
John   -- That's it.    Will clean with MS. 

Dave
Zip Strip works wonders. I've seen that stuff take off epoxy enamel.
Carmen Electra has always worked for me.....

Oh wrong kind of stripper......never mind......
I had good success with an MEK based paint strippers. I forgot the brand but it was thicker. Bought it at Sears hardware.
klean strip premium comes in a copper colored can. around 23 bucks a gal.