This followed me home from Woodcraft last weekend
Nova Galaxi DVR Lathe from Woodcraft. 
Smile
Due to work and family commitments, it is still sitting in my garage. 
Sad 
[Image: 33306766736_1f3d07b9f5_c.jpg]

Crate was opened to check that everything looked to be in good shape...and also to lighten the load....over 525 pounds shipping weight!

[Image: 32504514224_88e5f2c883_c.jpg]

[Image: 33219631091_69e63233d8_c.jpg]
But looking to have it operational in my basement shop over the weekend.
Smile 

Will post photos when it is up & running...or sooner if I have the time. 
Yes
"I don't have an answer to your question....but I can answer a question that you may be asking in the future"
Congrats on the new toy Steve,hope you get to give it a work out soon.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Thanks Mel...looking forward to it.
Yes
"I don't have an answer to your question....but I can answer a question that you may be asking in the future"
Reminds me of when I got my Oneway 2436. It was loaded on my flatbed trailer with a fudge truck for the 70 mile trip home from Oklahoma City. Shipping weight was, IIRC, around 1200 pounds. Backed the trailer up to the door of my shop, then took three days to get if off and set up. My insurance guy asked me if I had bolted the lathe to the floor. I told him that anybody who could pick it up could have it.
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
(03-10-2017, 07:55 AM)Grey Mountain Wrote: Reminds me of when I got my Oneway 2436.  It was loaded on my flatbed trailer with a fudge truck for the 70 mile trip home from Oklahoma City.  Shipping weight was, IIRC, around 1200 pounds.  Backed the trailer up to the door of my shop, then took three days to get if off and set up.  My insurance guy asked me if I had bolted the lathe to the floor. I told him that anybody who could pick it up could have it.

LOL...good story....and so true.  1200 pounds -- YIKES!!!

My original plan was to get the lathe this weekend or next. But my assistant with trailer (my son) was not available due to other commitments. So I picked up the lathe before its new home was fully ready in basement.
I am very happy for you my friend.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(03-10-2017, 07:55 AM)Grey Mountain Wrote: Reminds me of when I got my Oneway 2436.  It was loaded on my flatbed trailer with a fudge truck for the 70 mile trip home from Oklahoma City.  Shipping weight was, IIRC, around 1200 pounds.  Backed the trailer up to the door of my shop, then took three days to get if off and set up.  My insurance guy asked me if I had bolted the lathe to the floor. I told him that anybody who could pick it up could have it.

so you are saying,if I can pick it up I can have it? Not gonna work,I'm too old and it's too heavy, I can dream though.

Mel
(03-10-2017, 06:04 PM)chips ahoy Wrote: so you are saying,if I can pick it up I can have it? Not gonna work,I'm too old and it's too heavy, I can dream though.

Mel

One piece at a time.
(03-10-2017, 09:34 PM)daddo Wrote:  One piece at a time.

Now there's a thought.Thanks

Mel
Now is the best time to make the cabinet which will store things where the legs won't.  That way you won't have to move it twice. 

Suggestions include elevation of about 1 1/2 inches above any solid goods to allow for cleaning under and retrieving lost tools.  Remember to build a place for your toes with a shavings barrier under the bottom shelf/drawer.  My shop's small, so the lathe runs a wall.  But my headstock turns for oversize.  The wall's a great place to hang tools from about a foot left of the headstock, so you won't be tempted to reach over a large piece.  Also a much better place for the Emergency kill switch for the same reason.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.