kitchen sink faucets
I also have a Moen pull out kitchen faucet.  Like other posters on this link I've replaced the cartridge on a yearly basis.  The bad part is that to get these cartridges out I had to buy the Moen designed puller.  And then the odds are 50/50 that I can actually get the cartridge out.  I live in the country and have very hard well water.  Even with a water softener and water treatment my well water is part of the problem.

One thing that I would recommend is to keep the receipt from where you bought the faucet.  Then when you need a replacement cartridge you call the manufacturer and use the lifetime warrantee and have them send you a new cartridge.  I know that Moen and several other brand name manufacturers (Koehler for one) also offer the lifetime warrantee.  I've gotten at least 4 replacement cartridges from Moen in the last 5 years.  Almost all the faucets in my house are from Moen, and if I could they would be some other brand.
We went a different way, and splurged on a high end faucet, a Rohl. Customer support is fantastic, any issue has been resolved quickly with free shipping, whether it be a spray nozzle sticking (replaced the nozzle completely, we have high mineral content in our water) to gasket replacement. Mixing valve has never given trouble in the 23 years since it was first installed... Definitely the most expensive faucet to purchase, but reasonably inexpensive to own...
We just remodeled our kitchen and went with a Delta 9192T-AR-DST Addison Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet with Touch2O Technology and Magnetic Dock.

It was pricey, but we both use that faucet multiple times a day. The touch technology is great when you are cooking and have stuff all over your hands (like raw chicken) and you need to turn on the faucet.

Their customer service is great. My son had a problem with one of these (similar not single handle) and Delta expressed out a replacement.

Installation was straightforward. There is a doughnut weight on the hose that helps the faucet retract back to the dock.

If I had it to do over I would install an outlet under the sink. The unit runs off 6 AA batteries or AC current. When the batteries get low the touch feature can act up.