Where do you turn
I turn in my basement. May have to move outside next time I turn Acrylic though. Just wondering if you encounter any "resistance"
My shop is my garage.  I have enough space in my 3-car garage to park one car, but when I'm working on a project, everything has to be parked outside.  That's the only grousing I might get, and usually it's from myself.  With two SUVs and one pickup, one car always gets left on the street.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
The garage is the shop.  Only once has a car been in it and that was during a hurricane and it was empty at the time.  Otherwise I would have a tough time squeezing in a bicycle let alone a car.
I was still on active duty with the Air Force when I started turning. Used our one-car garage for a shop.
After retirement, bought a place in the country that had a 30X50 shop. Got lots of room for all eight lathes.

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
Separate building behind the house. The only resistance are the stiff hinges on the old door.
I also do wood working from my small garage.
I do think next time I get a small mini or midi lathe I might just keep it so when it is nice I can wheel it outside to turn and enjoy the weather.
Yes

So far I have given away 5 lathes and only had to buy 2 at discount prices.  I am thinking the next time I see the Delta 46-460 on sale I will try to get a few and keep one.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Basement workshop pretty small but I get by.
Detached 24 by 36 shop. I will be building later this year, and stepping up in size. My flat work tools will no longer be covered with turning tools and stuff... My garage is my office... 

robo hippy
24 x 48 detached shop. Judy and I share it to do our woodcrafts
Garage/shop, resistance = 0
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood