Traditionalwoodworker.com - Closed?
I just went to the Traditional Woodworker website to order some Woodowl bits, but the site is down. A brief search turned up a few comments on trouble getting orders, but nothing more. Does anyone know what's up with them? Are they closed for good?
Jason

I've seen the question several times now but no one seems to know
https://confusedwoodworker.wordpress.com...-knocking/
I have never even heard of this store, and there is no trace of it if you Google the name.  Did it have another name or was it a subsidiary of another entity?
ICANN Registration info:

Contact Information
Registrant Contact
Name: erik edstrom
Organization: traditional woodworker corp.
Mailing Address: 2609 clipper st., richardson TX 75082 us
Phone: +1.9724370081
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:
Email:[Image: lookup?name=www.traditionalwoodworker.com]erikedstrom@yahoo.com

From the Better Business Bureau:
(972) 437-0081
Traditional Woodworker Corp
14 years in business
885 E Collins Blvd
Suite 104
Richardson, TX 75081

There is a Google review from 9 months ago on the retail store. That's it.

I used to get a catalog from them. Haven't seen one in some time.
you could try their business phone

1 800 509 0081
I have ordered from them multiple times through the years and service was equal to any other mail order house. I do believe I also received a catalog from them late last year as well as advertising emails.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
6 or more yrs. ago, someone here was singing high praises of their leather strop.  Richardson is a short drive so I headed over.  There was no name on the huge building and the single glass door had only the address.  When I walked in the small space, I was greeted with shocked looks.  A lady explained they were mail order only and could not sell to walk ins.  I don't know if the building was their warehouse  or if the small office was only an order processing center.

Order the strop and it is great!  Received their catalog for a few years, but not in recent memory.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I've ordered from them before.  They have stuff nobody else has.  It does seem their website has gone kaput.  It's basically a mom and pop operation. It could very well be their server died, or they could possibly have gone out of business without so much as a peep.  I did some property searches for Edstrom in Dallas County and it comes up blank for Erik or his wife.  That's not a good sign.  They could live in an adjacent county.  There's one negative report to the BBB and it's an order a guy placed in January.  The order was incomplete, and he's had zero response from emails with the company as recently as Feb 19.

My guess it it's gone out of business.  That would be two such places in the space of one year.  Craftsman Studio folded last year.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Craftsman Studio folded? They still have an operational website:

http://www.craftsmanstudio.com

-- mos maiorum
The guy in CA sold to a guy in Washington State.

Another good small retailer is:

http://www.diefenbacher.com/Introduction.htm
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis