Anyone ever do blind box joints?
Ok, Got some more done onthese Arlin Joints

Laid out...

Chopped out....and..

Dry fitted.   Managed to get all four corners dry fitted today...

So, after a bit of fine tuning on the mitres, I might get out the tools and make a box out of this mess..

Have seen the Underhill  version of the secret dovetail joint, and even tried to do a few...long while ago.....once was quite enough.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Good job Bandit I like it.  It gives a lot more glue space and the edges will not slip.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Have the box in the clamps, right now.   Had size two plywood panels for a test fit

I used a plane to round over the top's edges

And then try to get it all clamped up and square...

with a diagonal clamp to pull things into square

Will let this mess sit overnight.   Then see how it turns out. 

BTW:  Since the cuts on the plywood panels were less than straight, I used a Junior Jack plane to "joint" the edges.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Nice build along bandit I am enjoying it a lot and hope you do more like this to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Does gluing a piece of veneer over the top count? 
Smirk
JB

"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"
--Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Here is a YouTube piece (Begin Japanology) that shows the perfect purpose for your "blind Box joint", or blind tenons, blind dovetails, blind trapezoids; otherwise known as "Arlin Joints". 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BntXSCtVqWE

Start about 3:45.....
That might be a good thing since I can not see my aching joints and maybe those are not so painful.
Laugh