where to buy Sawstop
quick question. Would you buy a Sawstop cabinet saw from Amazon? Some ship free, others 250$.
Prudence says to avoid the $250 shipping cost, if possible. 
Yes I've never had a problem with anything I've bought from Amazon. They seem to have good CS and are pretty professional to deal with.

Sawstop has dealers selling their saws all over the country including Woodcraft and Rockler. Where are you located? Have you checked to see if you have a dealer nearby?

Doug
In 2006 i bought my 5hp sawstop from a woodcraft. Back then i paid shipping to their store and then still had to drive 45 minutes to get it. I would buy mine from amazon. That woodcraft has long since closed. Amazon is bigger than ever.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I would definitely buy on line rather than at a local store simply to avoid sales taxes (yes, I'm a bad person). In TN the sales tax adds almost 10% or about $300 to the price of the 3 HP Sawstop with a 52-inch fence. I took a look at Acme Tools out of Des Moines. They offer free shipping but are required to collect sales tax in 5 or 6 states not including TN.
Good point about sales tax. The reason I overlooked it - NO sales tax in Montana, sorry! Amazon it is!!!

Doug
I bought my PM66 from Amazon.  Went really well.
Conversely I tried to buy my 60 gallon compressor from Amazon. Tried 6 shipments, of 4 different brands of compressors, and all of them came in spoiled boxes with the heads broken off of them. The last was delivered by a UPS long truck, and the driver just shook his head, and said, sheesh, not another broken one. He had never been to my house before, he was just referring to broken up large tools from them.

Josh, closed for business here at Woodnet has a healthy side biz here in Columbus/Cincinnati area where he buys wounded freight of all types of tools, and he seems to have a lot of Saw Stops, just saying.

I buy/have bought a lot of smaller tools from Amazon, and have done well with them. I won't try large tools from them again, but I have a Rockler, and 2 WoodCrafts within easy driving distance, plus several other large tool sales operations, and as of lately I'm finding better pricing on big tools from them, or Papa Griz. Papa knows how to ship a tool, if my experience is anything.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I bought mine from Acme, I have a long history with them before Amazon bought them out (back when they were Tool Crib of the North). The only problem I had was with the freight carrier (ABF)...they really suck. Turns out that Acme deals with a couple of LTL truck lines so next time I buy anything I'll specifically rule out ABF. Anyway, when i bought mine (about 2 years ago, the ICS had just started selling on line. It looked to me like the on line folks that offered free shipping had a price that was a little higher than the local folks; the increase was about the cost of what shipping would have been.
Upset  So compare carefully. That said, I would not hesitate to buy from Amazon either....never had a problem with them on anything (and we buy a lot from the 'zon).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I think Amazon runs the sales through Acme and just calls it Amazon they paid a lot for Acme so there must have been a reason.
I didn't realize toolcrib became Acme and by extension that Amazon owned Acme.

In any even I ordered my jet J/P combo from Amazon (before the dummies started charges sales tax in Alabama despite the fact they have no presence here) and it was a great experience. "Free" shipping, liftgate and wheeled it right in my garage.

Ordered a supermax from Acme in December, again free shipping and no tax. Didn't receive tracking info which I didn't like but it came in like 3 or 4 days. Again free liftgate and wheeled right into the garage. I can't remember the carrier but it wasn't ABF.
-Marc