Funky workmate?
(03-16-2017, 06:27 PM)Steve N Wrote: Have you ever been in a sheet metal shop? Between Machinists, and sheet metal guys that is a quick project. I don't think anything on that is production except the sawn off chunks of wood, and the stripped off crank vises from a workmate. I imagine the metal legs are just cut offs from one or the other

Yup been in more than one including semi tank welding shops and a few AV shops with 40' shears. It's obviously a production unit as if iit were built as a one off it would have been much more beefy and wouldn't have the odd base to it. The legs would have been more than just 120* bent thin sheet metal legs and compound angles at the base wouldn't be how you would build it yourself.
Like Steve N. said, when you see it in person, it's obvious that it was a production tool. It just doesn't look like a one off at all. I wish I could find a description of what it was primarily made for. It looks like it would be good for carving.
If women don't find you handsome, at least let 'em find you handy!