Some simple turning
I don't make it into the turning forum much these days, other than to lurk and drool a bit. I got a wild hair last night when finishing up some scribes. Using some of the CNCd ferrules I had made. I also had some cast acrylic laying around from a vacuum infusion tank lid I made. Hmmmm what to do with it? Well, a couple of people lately told me they needed a scribe they could "Tap" on. I have had a cheap short scribe for years that has taken a lot of abuse. There is only about an inch left on it. Soooooo....
I proceeded to give my Thompson tools and Crown Pro PMs a bit of a work out. Haven't turned acrylic in quite a few years.
[Image: IMG_3546_zpsr00uof0o.jpg]
Perhaps this one can be "Tapped On". :
Smile Sorry, I didn't quite get all the fine scratches out. It was, after all, 3AM in the morning.
Just an FYI, I will be offering, ( a shameless plug ), a blank with any kit some one buys.  The blanks were too small for the CNC shop but are approx. 1" square x 7 to 8" long. They needed 1.25" square blanks.( Naturally )
Smirk A few pieces are about 6" long. Left to right....African Padauck, Madrone Burl, Quarter cut Bubinga, Zebra wood, Black Walnut, Quarter cut sycamore, and Cocobolo. Best wishes.
[Image: IMG_3554_zpsn8dph3dn.jpg]
BontzSawWorks.net
VERY nice Ron!
Beautiful!  If you plan on messing around with acrylics that much, invest in some micro mesh sanding pads and some plastic polish.  They will shine like 1000 coats of lacquer!  These days, when I'm turning pens, I am using a lot more acrylics than woods, because they come off the lathe perfectly finished.  I have been forever cursed from achieving achieving a CA finish on wood, which is the closest thing to coming off the lathe finished (and durable) for wood pens.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
You did a good job on them.

Awhile back it had taken me 3 years of testing to make a great acrylic polish and all a person had to do was wet sand to 600 and then apply the finish until it got warm on the paper towel on the fingers.  Gave several test samples away and never heard from all 7 of them.  To me it was bad manners since I told them that was part of the bargain.
To me it as a lot better then One Step polish.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.