Ceiling bright white paint recommendation
Question 
I wish to paint the entire garage a bright ceiling white paint.
I used to use Sears best.
 Since we now have so many new paint products what is the paint which would do this in one coat that is best?
My favorite paint for everything now is Behr Marquee. It covers in one coat very well and when brushing it flows out very well, almost as nice as an oil paint. The dirt resistance they advertise really does work. We have lots of sand and silt here and the outside trim would get really dirty quickly. Once repainting with marquee it stays much cleaner and washes off easier. 

Don't know anything about the sears paint. They stopped selling paint over 15 years ago and I never used it. Even if it was was a good deal I really don't want to lug gallons of paint from the tool dept downstairs upstairs and to the parking lot. Never understood why they didn't put a couple of those shopping carts in the tool section.
Behr's premium paints have been the top performers according to Consumer Reports.

This test of Behr's paint is very informative (and easy reading):  http://www.jackpauhl.com/behr-premium-pl...-eggshell/

It is written for professional painters but the information is good for the rest of us too.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Curious why you want the entire garage ceiling white? I am not a paint expert...But seems like it will show more dirt on the walls; both because it is a flat sheen and because it is bright white. I'd also assume ceiling paints aren't developed to be as durable as others since they take less abuse?
(03-17-2017, 09:15 AM)JosephP Wrote: Curious why you want the entire garage ceiling white?  I am not a paint expert...But seems like it will show more dirt on the walls; both because it is a flat sheen and because it is bright white.  I'd also assume ceiling paints aren't developed to be as durable as others since they take less abuse?

I assume for light reflection. It sure made our garage brighter when I painted it white. 

As for ceiling paint I know it's it's a little thicker so those rolling it don't get spattered as much. Not sure what else is different. But you don't have to use ceiling paint on the ceiling, I use whatever I get.. But ceiling paint is often cheaper than wall paint. 

Remember not too long ago when good quality paint was $75 a bucket, now you can't easily find cheap stuff that price. Don't even see off brand no name paint for under $20 a gallon either(no menards here)
I agreed with white brightening a garage. I'd at least go with an eggshell or satin so dirt doesn't stick so easy...And something g with a little durability (but maybe ceiling paint does take a little beating?)
Any thoughts about using exterior paint for added durability?
(03-17-2017, 09:15 AM)JosephP Wrote: Curious why you want the entire garage ceiling white?  I am not a paint expert...But seems like it will show more dirt on the walls; both because it is a flat sheen and because it is bright white.  I'd also assume ceiling paints aren't developed to be as durable as others since they take less abuse?

(03-17-2017, 10:57 AM)Stove M Wrote: Any thoughts about using exterior paint for added durability?

Why not. I consider it an exterior application. Any added moisture protection would be great. Drywall in garages suffer from moisture problems here, usually starts with the tape falling off the joints. The next house I plan to cover the walls in FRP. Durable easy to clean with a hose and never needs painting.
I've painted 4 garages in houses I've lived in, current one I painted 15 years ago. 5 gallon buckets of the least expensive interior white I could find, you always need 2 coats, I don't care what the label says as the drywall will soak it up. Garage still looks good. I am a big believer in using quality paint inside and for exertion applications, but hey, it's a garage!  YMMV
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
After great input I thinking doing an interior whit semi gloss Valspar premium it is on sale at my ace buy two get one free.
How many gallons for one coat garage is 3 stall with high ceilings 400 square foot. One stall  wall is Craftsman cabinets with workbench all attached.
Can I get by with 3 gallons of the Valspar Optimus Paint and Primer says it has primer in it and garage has been painted not bare drywall. 

http://www.valsparpaint.com/en/find-the-...timus.html