Sharpening
So, I finally got my package yesterday.  Unfortunately, it was missing one of the stones!  The coarse one.  

I tried contacting the vendor (Best Sharpening) but to no avail.  They have NO customer service.  Literally none! 

So at this point I'm stuck with a two way (fine grit) stone and flattening stone.  I applied for a disputed charge with my credit card company but that may take a bit. 

Disappointed in Indiana
Sad
One more time, Worksharp 3000! Good luck with the claim.

Doug
did you ever try to 'polish' the knifes edge on plain print newspaper.  
The old butchers in the Philadelphia area always polished there edges on paper.  In the Reading terminal Market on Market St. in Philadelphia
As you progress in the polishing you will see the edge cutting into the newspaper (the paper will start to blacken as the ink smears with the honed metal off the edge). 
 My father did this every sunday sharpening the knives for my mother.  
I, with more money,  bought hard and soft arkansas stones  but never approached the edge of my father!
I use diamond and glass stones also, but the newspaper does a better job on knives.
(03-22-2017, 08:16 AM)Ninefingers_grapes Wrote: did you ever try to 'polish' the knifes edge on plain print newspaper.  
The old butchers in the Philadelphia area always polished there edges on paper.  In the Reading terminal Market on Market St. in Philadelphia
As you progress in the polishing you will see the edge cutting into the newspaper (the paper will start to blacken as the ink smears with the honed metal off the edge). 
 My father did this every sunday sharpening the knives for my mother.  
I, with more money,  bought hard and soft arkansas stones  but never approached the edge of my father!
I use diamond and glass stones also, but the newspaper does a better job on knives.

Using paper as the strop works quickly and just fine on high carbon blades.  But "modern" knives that use stainless steel or other formulations won't hone as quickly on the paper.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin