A basic door
Joe,

Great thread.

Once you take the LVL glue ups out of the clamps I assume they need more than scraping off the excess glue. Do you plane or sand them smooth? 

Thanks
Looks good. Surely you are working hard for this. Do post the final and fully furnished door as soon as you are done.
thanks for looking 

Doors like this average about ~75 Lbs with the frame and glass  installed. 

I do scrape and (if necessary flatten) then plane the LVL to the final thickness after glue up.  That work is based on my veneer thickness which as a general rule is between 1/8 and 3/16" based on the way I apply the sticking (on my cope and stick doors it is 1/8" and on doors where I apply the sticking to a T&G like this door I go thicker to 3/16"

I have not found other than the large amount of glue lines in the LVL to make a few passes without harming planer knives the material is all long grain so that is not an issue either if you need to make more passes move the stock around on the planer to even the wear on the knives 

I have installed the door already, I will post part 3 when I get a little time
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy