Something I always wanted to try...
Finally got around to trying my hand at casting. Always had a thing for the pheasant feather look. Lots of failures before I finally got this one. Makes me appreciate this first one more. 
Wink

[Image: Feather%20sorting_zpska42vw5k.jpg]
[Image: Resized952017031695162218_zps5nxxo8ij.jpg]
[Image: Resized952017031895104419_zpsrradkmfj.jpg]
[Image: Resized952017031895104636_zpszs5c3pge.jpg]
[Image: Resized952017031895105730_zpsyjkchlfq.jpg]
[Image: Resized952017031895105825_zpss1c7nxwq.jpg]
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Very well done.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Nicely done.
Very well done.  Much better than my attempts so far!
NICE!
Well done,much better than my attempts.I can cast colors great but flub up when I try to add things.....
It's what you learn AFTER you know it all that matters........
Well done on the whole process and the pen to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
It took me a lot of trials before I found an adhesive I liked, and more trials trying to find paint I can use on the tubes that wont react with the poly resin. Still trying to figure out what works better for me for a topcoat over the feathers that not only seals the mounting adhesive but also helping to smoothen the edges and minimize air bubbles. Found out more than once that the resin breaks down my adhesive holding down the feathers. I was sort of
Upset when I watched my feathers pull away from the tube.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Congrats. They take more patience than I have. Besides the pheasant got tired of having its feathers pulled... Nice job
It looks so awesome. Hard work paid I must say. You really did a good job. I am in love with it.