$10 Moxon Vice
I like it...Might consider either double nutting or using a nylock nut (do they make them that size?) on the backside and securing the assembly from rotation. But then again, you probably have no reason to really crank it down...
Well done sir...well done

btw, that TS is my local store as well, even tho' I am on the other side of the Delaware...
Here's another economy model to consider. I it made a year or so ago to do some drawers. Pipe clamps were about $6 at garage sale and a salvaged piece of maple countertop supplied the jaw material. Works very well.

[Image: P1010002_zpspoz4wupx.jpg]

[Image: P1000902_zpsd2bfz99k.jpg]

[Image: P1000903_zpslmigigm2.jpg]
Homer

I like yours to since it uses old pipe clamps does it work really nice and how did you make it?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The nut on the threaded rod is tight up against the pipe "T" fitting. At first I used 2 nuts as a locking mechanism, but found that I only needed one.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

(03-22-2017, 11:03 AM)GeorgeV Wrote: The nut on the threaded rod is tight up against the pipe "T" fitting. At first I used 2 nuts as a locking mechanism, but found that I only needed one.

I might be dense, but is the threaded rod screwed onto the pipe fitting?  And did you use 3/4" threaded rod?
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Yes, 3/4" threaded rod and the pipe T fitting has inside threads that the threaded rod screws into just far enough so that the wooden dowel handle can slip up/down or left/right depending on your perspective. All parts purchased at the local Big Orange. Knobs on the ends of the 3/4" dowel are drawer knobs fastened with with dowel screws.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

Got it, ran down to the HD, now it's a $16 moxon!  This is an excellent improvement.
(03-22-2017, 06:37 PM)Admiral Wrote: now it's a $16 moxon! 

Paint will make it a $20.00 vise.
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Naw, a bit of shellac.
(03-22-2017, 06:19 PM)GeorgeV Wrote: Yes, 3/4" threaded rod and the pipe T fitting has inside threads that the threaded rod screws into just far enough so that the wooden dowel handle can slip up/down or left/right depending on your perspective. All parts purchased at the local Big Orange. Knobs on the ends of the 3/4" dowel are drawer knobs fastened with with dowel screws.

George, I can't figure this out. On the back of the vice, I see the nuts, but did you mortise in nuts on the face?  When I put the t's on the front, the rear nut would have to be snugged up every time you put something in the vice, is that how yours works?  Otherwise the mortised nuts creep up, unless you epoxied the mortised nuts. Need help.