Air compressor
We are at the Oregon Symposium, the air compressor they are using for the demonstrators is amazing. What is amazing is we don't hear it! We've been wanting a new one and looks like this might be it.

California Air Tools 100-20C
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
We are wanting one but it seems those are quite expensive. I also see Home Depot sells them.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I have a smaller version, I think it is about a 5 gallon tank and 1 horsepower. I haven't used it a lot, but it is definitely quieter than any other compressor I've been around! I got mine for running trim nailers inside and still be able to communicate with others if it is running.
shifty
YOU'LL HAVE TO TYPE LOUDER- CAN'T READ YOU.  
Laugh
Looks like the model we are interested in is on sale at Home Depot until the 9th.
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
Check out the RolAir JC-10. I have one and it is extremely quiet. You can find videos on YouTube that show how quiet it is.

https://www.rolair.com/products/air-comp...carry/jc10
wow, didn't realize this was possible.  Have to research my air needs to see if this will meet them.  Family hates hearing my Dewalt when it comes on.  The bike shop I use had a very quiet compressor, but it seems to have died.  I'll have to tell them about this.  $325 is pretty reasonable.  Amazon has it for the same price right now.
Thanks for the info. I ended up purchasing one of these. I had a P-C pancake and large 2-stage I-R before purchasing this and I knew it would be quieter than the pancake but it surpasses the oiled I-R by quite a bit too. I'm replacing the two older compressors with this new one.

I was wondering, I know this has been discussed before, do you relieve the pressure in your compressor every day? I would for the 6-gallon P-C but not the 60 gallon I-R. Some say there are internal springs and the such that could take a set it the pressure it left on them.

Thanks,

Mike
We got ours in last week
I don't release the air every day, but we do turn it off.
I expect I will drain the water once a week, like I did with our old noisy compressor
(04-11-2017, 08:39 PM)n7bsn Wrote: We got ours in last week
I don't release the air every day, but we do turn it off.
I expect I will drain the water once a week, like I did with our old noisy compressor

I ordered an auto drain off the bay. Looks identical to the one CAT sells but 1/4 the price. It's on a slow boat but when I get it I'll let you know how it performs. You just wire it to the "on" side of the compressor switch and it will cycle on/off based on your cadence setting and stay open for as long as your duration setting.

Mike