Which adhesive?
The magnetic seal on my 4 cu ft mini fridge no longer stays in the metal retainer ''rail' on the door, it flops out.
So many different adhesives out there and I don't want to keep doing this and/or making a mess.
Gorilla glue? Super glue?
I would suggest looking at automotive trim/seal adhesives at your local autoparts stores, they are adhesive caulks, the rubber seals on car doors is similar to refrigerator door seals in material and logistics, and the temperature range.  Not an adhesives expert but seems a reasonable option.  Ray
3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive.
Wood is good. 
Yup. Gorilla snot aka weatherstrip adhesive. Make sure you get a fresh tube and it's very similar to contact cement but thicker. Typically it's yellow hence the term gorilla snot but it's now available in black.
Double-sided 3M molding tape might be an option. Comes in various widths and lengths. Easy to use. No adhesive mess.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-03614-Scotch-M...B002JOVUO0
I would just order a new seal.  If you add the adhesive you won't be able to add a new seal later.

Have your make, model and serial number handy when you go on line:  https://www.repairclinic.com/Appliance-Parts

I've replaced seals and it is an easy fix.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
New seal does sound the best.

If not that route, I'd suggest black silicone automotive sealer. $5.00 a tube usually.
Easily removed if need be
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Not worth spending spending the $ on a new seal for a fridge that's less than $100. A tube of glue makes more sence.
Weatherstrip adhesive it is. Thanks