Atlanta Woodworking Show
Anybody planning on going?

I haven't been to a woodworking show in over a decade so I'm thinking about hitting it up for a change.
-Marc

I want to go but I'll have to see what's going on with my schedule when it gets a little closer.
Go to Peachtree Woodworking, and you'll see 80% of the stuff at the show with no admission.   I miss the days when the show was really worth attending, but that was a long time ago.

I'll probably go.

Back in 2001 - 2002 it was REALLY BIG and really great.

Between the ice storm (freezing rain) that happened on Friday night people didn't come on Saturday and Sunday one year (2001 or 2002 I think) and the fact that Atlanta freaks out with 1/2 inch of snow, most vendors took a bath that year. 

Then the decline of the economy further eroded the show in the middle 2000's.

It's a shadow of what it used to be, but still kind of fun seeing things and old friends.

Billbo
I'm thinking of going on the Friday. Hotels are usually pretty cheap around the Galleria on the weekends.
-Marc

Probably just me, but if I lived in Atlanta and IWF happened there every 2 years I wouldn't be messing around with "Thee Woodworking shows". As mentioned Peachtree and Highland Woodworking in Atlanta you guys have a show all the time
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
the only reason to go is to get your paws on the Veritas stuff.  At $8 minus a 2$ coupon it made sense. At $14 minus a $2 coupon I am hesitating
Rob offers free shipping off and on regularly, and at least once a year he sells gift cards at well reduced prices. I bought in a year ago and got $1,000.00 for $750.00 IIRC. Only advantage for your 14 bux is being able to play with the toys. Once you have held one LV tool, you know the quality, the rest is just the buying, so I'd go for the lowest price. YMMV?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I'm going this year! It's mainly a social visit for me but I would love to see some other WoodNutters there.
Smile

EDIT: Just realized this thread is year old... oops.
Smile
Peter Brown

I can fix that...

shop-time.net
When in lived in metro Atlanta, I was spoiled. It was a short drive away. I now live in South Carolina not too far from the Georgia border. I'd go if was was over in the old location in Gwinnett, off of I-85. It would only be about a two hour drive. Putting it across town means another 30-45 minutes of battling Atlanta traffic each way, so this year I'm going to pass.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.