PSA: Beware Bessey Clamps on Amazon
Thanks
If you look all the sellers are "just launched"

Amazon is having a problem with counterfeit goods from third party resellers, don't think they would ever admit to it but it's an issue.
(03-21-2017, 04:46 PM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: If you look all the sellers are "just launched"

Amazon is having a problem with counterfeit goods from third party resellers, don't think they would ever admit to it but it's an issue.

They actually did admit to it not too long ago and are supposedly cracking down but with so many products it's almost an insurmountable task. 
     I still amazes me the amount of stuff I can order from amazon and have it delivered today or as soon as 3 hours. I have often bought supplies that I run short of and have it delivered a few hours later that day so I can finish the project without making an hour trip to depot which doesn't even have what I need or its 5 the price and I'm going there to get it...
I only buy from Amazon if it's available for Prime, I think it keeps the bogus stuff to a minimum and prefer to only buy when Amazon is the seller.
(03-21-2017, 06:00 PM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: I only buy from Amazon if it's available for Prime, I think it keeps the bogus stuff to a minimum and prefer to only buy when Amazon is the seller.

+1

Seldom do I order from a seller that handles their own shipping.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

LIL - The links to the low priced clamps disappear pretty fast. I assume people are buying them out, hoping the deal is legit or not knowing better. I decided to bite on one deal for some 7x16" Bessey f-clamps, shipping from New Jersey. I figured for $21 I'd see what happens. I can always do a return and dispute the charge if the clamps are frauds (if I even get them).

As for price alerts, there are a number of one you can use. I don't recall the google search term I used to find the ones I have, but here are a couple I use:

CamelCamelCamel

Keepa

I get spam from neither, only price alerts. You have to set them up item by item, and sometimes there's a bit of lag when the price drops, but they've been effective for me. There are more out there, and they all seem to do things a bit differently. I use these two because they meet my "needs" (tough to say I need a low price alert 
Rolleyes) so your mileage may vary.

At my last job I was in charge of the Amazon seller account and it was a major PITA to get set up, given the hoops we had to jump through and the paperwork required. Prime was especially complex given we had to meet price points, quantities, and other details. Then again, I was listing items considered groceries, and the rules are much different than for a clamp, so maybe it's worth it for scammers to try.
Jason

Prime is no guarantee. I purchased shooting earlier muffs from a third party with prime and got an Email months later to destroy them and got a refund. It seems epidemic.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
From the official Bessey site on line.  The emboldening and the red have been made by me:

Clamps for Woodworking

BESSEY branded wood working L clamps are predominantly made in Germany, using steel drawn in our own ISO certified facilities. No other manufacturer in the world can offer the quality and experience that BESSEY puts into these products.

You can write to them and ask if they are authorized re-sellers:

https://www.besseytools.com/en/contactus
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Yeah, definitely avoid the "deal" on the tents.  There's a bunch of camping stuff (tents, sleeping bags, cookware, etc) that have shown up recently under new sellers that are selling it for 95+% off.  Avoid them like the plague, unless you enjoy chasing your money down with Amazon.
Amazon.com took several months to change the "Made in USA" designation on the Chippewa boots I bought.  It still does not say "imported" but it no longer says "made in the USA".

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001WL...UTF8&psc=1

This is what they do say:  Chippewa Boot Company has been an American tradition in outdoor lifestyle footwear since 1901....

Not a lie, but not entirely truthful.  The boots are made in China according to the label sewn on the tongue of the boot.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.