Sears going out of business?
I read that they intend to become a membership-only club store, like Sam's Club and Costco.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(03-23-2017, 03:53 PM)Cooler Wrote: I read that they intend to become a membership-only club store, like Sam's Club and Costco.

Laugh  Good luck with that
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-23-2017, 04:57 PM)Stwood_ Wrote:
Laugh  Good luck with that

Yeah Costco isn't doing so hot as they had to raise ttheir membership fees again. It's now $10 more than sams and they still don't have good hotdogs like the Nathans ones at sams...
I dropped Sams several years back when they went to $35.00
I didn't go there often enough (hour drive) to justify keeping a membership.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-24-2017, 08:57 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: I dropped Sams several years back when they went to $35.00
I didn't go there often enough (hour drive) to justify keeping a membership.

Ours is a half hour from the house which is no big deal to us in tx where many drive 100 miles miles a day... We do our monthly resupply at sams costco and aldi then a few things here and there. We have the $100 level and always get enough back that it's free. It's also the go to stop for a cheap lunch as they have allot of locations where costco has very few. This may be our last year for costco as they just don't carry much of what we buy and on the same items sams is cheaper.
Sears can offer me free stuff hand delivered by a topless supermodel and I still wouldn't take it. I ordered a weed eater from them online 2 years ago and they cancelled my order...okay fine...but they never gave me my refund. After several phone calls and completely indifferent and useless staff still nothing. I wound up having to file a complaint with the Illinois attorney general (they had a consumer complaint department if I remember correctly). Miraculously i got my money back about 3 weeks after that. Jerks.

I shop online a lot. A LOT. I've had my prime membership for 10 years now and I'd say I buy probably 3/4 of my purchases online. I have never experienced anything like that before. The staff was just worse than useless. I haven't set foot in a store or clicked their website since. They still send me spam every week about their danged "shop your way points" bs they have though.

In other news, kudos to the IL AG. They actually followed up on my complaint and sent me several pages to sign as well as copies of the documentation sent to Sears and followed up with me by phone to make sure it was settled.
-Marc

Newspaper reported that our local Tyler tx sears store was slated to close soon, so I stopped in to see if there were any deals to be had as I'm in the market for a generator and figured that wouldn't be easy to ship to other stores.

The guy I talked to said the newspaper was wrong they weren't going to close.

I'm inclined to believe that they will its just a matter of time.

Duke
Haven't seen a generator at a sears in decades. If you are in the market the predator ones at harborfreight are a great deal. We use them on job sites for 12 hours hours a day every day and they just keep going. I even have the 8k one at home for the house. So when the power goes out and it's 110* we have ac. But since buying it I haven't needed it... It's It's a heavy beast too.
I've been looking at the predators but should have pulled the trigger last week on the one that was on sale for 499 its back to regular price 599

The 8750 peak/7000 running now shows $539 on the opening part of web sight, im thinking $40 is worth not waiting until next 'sale'
Yup that's the one I have and what gets used on sites. The part on the box that says quiet is Isa huge lie. They are not quiet. The champion generators are pretty good as well and often are dual fuel available at costco. I need a nat gas conversion for mine. I did the math and if we ran the unit at 80% load the cost of generating our own electricity was equal to buying it from the grid. Just wanted to know what it cost to operate on nat gas...  

I bought the wheel kit and do not recommend it. The handle is nice but the wheels are junk. I plan to build a cart to mount it to I can pull with the mower.