Shopping for a new Throne - looking at the VorMax
Hello all,

I am shopping for a new toilet for the main bath.
I am looking at the American Standard Optum VorMax.
The primary reason is that this unit does not have rim holes for the water distribution. Instead it flows from 2 flappers out of 2 "chutes".
We have an issue with those holes getting build up around them.
We are on a septic system so I don't like to use harsh cleaners.

Does anyone have feedback on the VorMax?

Thanks
(03-22-2017, 12:59 PM)Dusty Workshop Wrote: Hello all,

I am shopping for a new toilet for the main bath.
I am looking at the American Standard Optum VorMax.
The primary reason is that this unit does not have rim holes for the water distribution.   Instead it flows from 2 flappers out of 2  "chutes".
We have an issue with those holes getting build up around them.
We are on a septic system so I don't like to use harsh cleaners.

Does anyone have feedback on the VorMax?

Thanks

Keep in mind that the rim holes also keep the toiler bowl clean.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Can't speak highly enough about these toilets.   Great flushing.  Do not know what it would take to block one of these up.  Lowes and HD both sell versions of the Vormax and both right around $289.00.  But I noticed that Menards no sells a version and there is occasional on sale for $269.00

I have installed 7 of these to date(only 1 in my house), and have heard no complaints to date.   ADA height and the install is a breeze.
You might want to look at Toto Drake toilets also.  Same price range with various options.    If you have back to back toilets check drain configuration as the high flush rate needs a double 45 wye not a double sanitary T as it will flush across the T.   Roly
(03-22-2017, 01:45 PM)Roly Wrote: You might want to look at Toto Drake toilets also.  Same price range with various options. 

Toto has quite a few flushing options. The Drake is G-Max, the Drake II is Double Cyclone.

https://learn.supply.com/buyer-guides/wh...t-for-you/
Roly I see where it shows in the installation instructions that you need a double wye vs a T. There is another toilet in an adjacent bathroom. I can't see the drain lines because the ceiling below these toilets is finished. If you are sitting on the spot where the new toilet will go the other toilet is 3ft in front of you and 3ft to the left. Hopefully that distance would prevent any blowback.

I found this video of the VorMax compared to a Toto.

https://youtu.be/IjvTjIuDQd4

And here is a video of the VorMax flush demo, taking on golf balls, rubber bands and dice.

https://youtu.be/2-LxF1VzE4A
(03-22-2017, 07:07 PM)Dusty Workshop Wrote: Roly I see where it shows in the installation instructions that you need a double wye vs a T.   There is another toilet in an adjacent bathroom.   I can't see the drain lines because the ceiling below these toilets is finished.   If you are sitting on the spot where the new toilet will go the other toilet is 3ft in front of you and 3ft to the left.   Hopefully that distance would prevent any blowback.

Hopefully doesn't cut it when crap is going down (or not).

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
You got that right!

I plan to call American Standard for clarification :-)
We replaced a couple of our contractor grade toilets because they were forever getting plugged up. We went with American Standard, the Champion model. Liked it so much, I bought and installed 2 more. These things simply do not plug up! Wouldn'the hesitate to recommend them!
Well I called American Standard this morning.
The double wye is only needed when you have a true back to back setup where both toilets are backed up to opposite sides of the same wall.
They told me that there would not be an issue with my configuration.
Wheew!