Shopping for a new Throne - looking at the VorMax
I am in no way putting down the Vormex but in the video with the tomato paste look at where the paste is placed in relation to the water discharge.  On the AS video it is placed where the discharge starts, on the other brands it is placed just before the discharge point so it does not have the same water velocity over it.    Roly
(03-23-2017, 09:11 AM)Roly Wrote: I am in no way putting down the Vortex but in the video with the tomato paste look at where the paste is placed in relation to the water discharge.  On the AS video it is placed where the discharge starts, on the other brands it is placed just before the discharge point so it does not have the same water velocity over it.    Roly

Someone from another forum noticed the same thing.

"The videos comparing the dual cyclone to vormax are a little misleading because they stop before the Toto has a chance to completely refill. Vormax appears to have no refill tube, like a wall-tank model, so there are two pulses of water from the flush valve(s), the second one to refill the bowl, whereas the Toto refills conventionally through a refill hose, which takes longer. The video makes it seem like the Toto doesn't refill as much as the Vormax. It is interesting to see the differential in terms of volume of water across the poo. I suspect that if the poo were positioned differently, i.e. up near the top of the back where spatter most occurs, the Toto would do better because it has its extra jet right there. I also wonder whether the Vormax would evacuate pee as completely, or whether there is mixing between flushes. Plainly, the Toto in the video devotes a higher percentage of the flush water to operate the siphon jet than does the Vormax; query whether this means that the Toto has a greater ability to evacuate waste than the Vormax."

http://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?th...let.58761/

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/index.php -- the best plumbing forum I've found
I think all of the mentioned toilets are good at flushing, but I do not know of anyone who craps golf balls, dice or tomato paste. 

Go to the experts. 

http://www.map-testing.com/map-search/?S...rch#result

You can search each toilet and see the test results.  These guys make actual soybean turds to simulate.
I notice that you didn't mention rubber bands.

Is there more to the story?
(03-22-2017, 01:45 PM)Roly Wrote: You might want to look at Toto Drake toilets also.  Same price range with various options.    If you have back to back toilets check drain configuration as the high flush rate needs a double 45 wye not a double sanitary T as it will flush across the T.   Roly
 I was real close to buying the Toto Drake. The reason I didn't was that I can't buy parts at Lowes or HD. I went with the American Standard Cadet which has been "unstoppable" and I needed 10" offset and they were reasonably priced through HD.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(03-23-2017, 01:45 PM)lou holtz Wrote: I think all of the mentioned toilets are good at flushing, but I do not know of anyone who craps golf balls, dice or tomato paste. 

Go to the experts. 

http://www.map-testing.com/map-search/?S...rch#result

You can search each toilet and see the test results.  These guys make actual soybean turds to simulate.

Laugh  
Laugh

i've thought the same thing.  something perfectly round and small enough to fit through all the parts, I would hope that isn't too much of a challenge.

oh yeah, thanks for the link. When I replace the basement one I'm thinking the champion since it has 1.6 gallons vs 1.2. My concern is my run is about 100+ feet to a sewer pump. I'm thinking the extra water might help with flow and with the pump.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
American Champion 4

It flushes golf balls, beaner babies, Barbie heads and much more.  It also holds the record (IIRC) for flushing the most 'official test units' without clogging.  I have bought three of them.  An "ex" member of our family used to plug the toilet literally almost every day.  Bought him one, too.  Only one plug in several months.  My plumber buddy says he installs a lot of them for bars and restaurants - cuts back drastically on their service calls!  It also has a larger diameter pathway and two stage flush.  Get the one piece unit - easy to clean.  Bowl has a coating and stays nice looking longer.

Lonnie