Festool Sander Deal
Well I shipped my Pro-5 back to festool last Monday for repair. Just got a notification that it will be back to me tomorrow. Here's to hoping it's fixed!

As an aside, I think the turn around time was quite good however I heard absolutely nothing from Festool; not even an email that they had checked it in.

Fingers crossed. I'll update with the results.
-Marc

I just received my Pro-5 sander this afternoon after getting an email telling me it would be the end of April....

I'm going to start a separate thread with first impressions....  a few minutes of sanding with it and my Bosch ROS65v has produced mixed feelings....

Dave
MKM - Master Kindling Maker
well I didn't have anything to add to this until now.  My wife used mine in a kitchen of house already cleaned ready to rent.  There was a last minute decision to change the color on a wood light fixture mounted to the ceiling.  She was happy as hell because it worked so much better than the Dewalt she was used to and the dust collection made it perfect.  The fixture is somewhat visible in this pic, she was working overhead forced to be looking up and no dust to complain about 

[Image: P1010509%202_zpstyh8j0ba.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Got mine on Tuesday this week.  Seems to work a bit more aggressively than my old Rigid ROS (I forget who actually made the Rigid but it looks a lot like Metabo [spelling?] of the same vintage).

Doesn't come with a dust bag ($30) but does come with a port adapter.  With a vacuum on, pretty clean.  Leave that off and it really does its best to exhaust a LOT of air out that port!

Haven't done anything but play with it on some medium sized cherry scraps.  No jitterbug action as described above.  At least to me it seems smooth running.  Maybe a bit louder than my old ROS.

On the whole, I think I may like it.  But I need to rig up something to punch the center hole in all my old Rhynogrip disks!
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Got mine on Tuesday this week
Got my last Tuesday. Great sander for the price. Smooth operation good dust extraction.
So I quickly tested my repaired sander yesterday. It seems as though the problem has been corrected. According to the packing slip they replaced the bearing shaft and two bearings. Should be off to the races now.
-Marc

Jumping sanders are almost always the result of too much suction.  The 3M sanders are known to have that problem, at least mine do.  I had to damper down the amount of suction on them and they worked fine and were much more aggressive than my old PC ROS.

I got my 2 Festool sanders the other day and I too was horrified that the systainer color was changed.  Now my shop Feng Shui is all out of whack.  
Laugh