Veritas Router - Blade slipping; cuts too deep
I oiled it.  I feel like the parts moved fine before.

Here's a question.  If the blade is locked down as tight as I can get it.  I can still adjust it up/down with the depth adjuster.  It has resistance, I'm not saying it turns freely, but I can adjust it with "moderate" pressure.  That normal?

**Quick update** - Heard back from LV. They simply stated what I was describing was not normal. They're sending me a new router.
You should not be able to move the blade when the knob is tightened with only finger pressure. I need to loosen the blade significantly to move it up or down. 

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Checked mine as it would slip a little in use as Strokes described. Checked the piston and mine was a bit stiff. Not locked up, but stiff. I oiled it and worked it a bot and reassembled.

I can not adjust my blade up or down with the knob tightened. Hopefully, oiling up that piston will do it for mine.
(03-25-2017, 11:21 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: **Quick update** - Heard back from LV.  They simply stated what I was describing was not normal.  They're sending me a new router.

Smile
Cool
Smile
Ag
One thing I noticed on a router blade is if you do not make sure the blade is flat to the wood it will start digging in.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(03-25-2017, 11:21 AM)IStrokes77 Wrote: I oiled it.  I feel like the parts moved fine before.

Here's a question.  If the blade is locked down as tight as I can get it.  I can still adjust it up/down with the depth adjuster.  It has resistance, I'm not saying it turns freely, but I can adjust it with "moderate" pressure.  That normal?

**Quick update** - Heard back from LV.  They simply stated what I was describing was not normal.  They're sending me a new router.

I was confident LV would make it right.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Full Update:

Lee Valley sent me a new router.  The new one does not have this issue, it performs flawlessly.  

After comparing the two, the old one, after I locked it down as tight as I could, I could still take the depth adjust knob and adjust it up or down with only moderate figure pressure.

The new one, once locked down, the depth adjustment knob doesn't even flinch, and I can't move the depth of the cutter.  Not sure what the issue is with the old one, but it was definitely not right.

I hate to see threads like this left hanging, so I am wrapping this one up.

Thanks all.
Did you send the old one back to Rob Lee?  Maybe he can find out what it was and correct the issue on any other ones that might crop up.  If not I would send it to him anyway just to have him do what I said.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.