Handworks is coming.
Save the Date(s):  May 19 - 20, 2017.  Amana, Iowa
I am going this year because a friend of mine wants to go. I went to the last two shows and was just in Amana last month so it is not a big deal for me. About the only thing I might be interested in is the LN dove tail saw. I like to hold hand tools in my and maybe take them for a spin. I have tried one in the past.  

I will say that if the Amana Furniture Shop has tours it is well worth the trip for that alone.  Amana has a lot of quaint shops, restaurants, Winery's, and such, and all within walking distance,  so the women if the house can be turned loose and she will have a great time shopping all by herself if need be.

Tom
Don't count on staying anywhere near Amana if you don't already have a hotel reserved.  The area hotels have been booked for those days for many months.  Iowa City might have something available.
Cedar Rapids will also have rooms.

Tom