Laguna revo 18/36 lathe
Well I sure hope that the LagunaREVO 1836 is a winner because mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.
Been waiting for three weeks since ordered and am anxious to try it out.
After looking at several alternatives, I decided on the Laguna.
Rob Hippy, while making the point that it is not an AB. made some good comments about this lathe.
I will comment on this one after some usage.

ClarkOP
Would be great to get your feedback on this lathe. Thanks
Well I,ve had the Laguna Revo 18-36 for a little under three weeks now. Haven't done to much on it but what little I have turned on it has made me believe that I made the right decision.

Let me start out by saying that I am a newbie to the turning world. Have been using a Nova Comet 2 I purchased a year ago to turn mostly bowls.

I decided that I really liked the turning experience and so wanted something more in a lathe. Hence the 18-36.
The new lathe exceeds my expectations at this point. The build quality is outstanding in my opinion. Got the wheel option and am glad I did because it sure makes it easy to move the lathe in my restricted space shop. Also reluctantly ordered one of the halogen lights. Boy was that a good move! It is easy to adjust but stays in place and overall improves the turning experience. The variable speed control is wonderful. (I like the knob control; the RPM readout; and it just feels right to me) The tailstock 4 1/2 inch ram travel makes several operations easier than only having a couple of inches+ to utilize. The motor is quite and the overall turning experience is just a dream with this lathe.

Am I happy with the purchase? Oh Yeah! Only a newbie opinion, of course, but I would recommend this lathe to anyone looking for a quality turning machine.
It's a good lathe for the money and I considered it before I got the PM 3520. The spindle height is low so if your tall you need the riser blocks so it adds 300 more.

Everyone who has one seems to like it.
Don
LOIBLB

&

Clark

So good to have you guys here and I am really looking forward to you adding to the forum and also showing us what you make.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
OK, it sounds like this is the one. I will post again when the deed is done. Thanks for the feedback: it is much appreciated.
If I decide to replace my 1642 it will be with a Robust.
Cellulose runs through my veins!