Cleaned up my shop and found a workbench
Well, HD put those 46" Husky workbenches on sale today and I was there when the door opened. I put one in my shop a few months ago and those extra drawers really helped me get organized. So two should be twice as good. I thought I would replace the clutter table that sits beside my main workbench.

[Image: DSCN2700.jpg]

And here it is in place. Time to load up those drawers.

[Image: DSCN2703.jpg]

As for the clutter table, it found a new home.

Under all the clutter and newspaper was a workbench waiting to be discovered. I moved it to a better area.

[Image: DSCN2706.jpg]

Of course, I knew it was there all along. But I did not know that it would fit so perfectly in its new home. Now I have two benches and can flit about between them for multiple projects. WooHoo!
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
You'll only have two for a very short time, if my experience is anything to go on.
A man of foolish pursuits
Ah, another flat surface to accumulate crap that's too good to throw away but not important enough to save in it's own place.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Now pan that camera and show the rest of the shop. You are not done!
Laugh

I quit making small tables and shelves for the house. My wife will buy junk just to clutter them up.
Slap

Then she has the nerve to mention my shop is cluttered with junk.  
Eek  Whaaaa..?!   That's important stuff and it's all neatly cluttered away!
I enjoyed a cup o joe this morning at my new bench as dreams of future projects danced in my head...

[Image: DSCN2707.jpg]
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Jim

The big gray storage tubs you have were did you get them and how big are they.

I think they are the answers to my small wood off cuts I have and have a small tub for each type of wood and they are to small.  Those seem to go together very well.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Jim, how do you like your knockoff pattern makers vise. I bought one from Highland about 5-6 years ago and love it!
Eric
Arlin--Those are the Husky bins from Home Depot. I will try to get a better picture.

Eric--I have had the vise for over 20 years but never had it in a place to use it much. Now that it is in the middle of the floor I hope to use it like a rented mule.
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
(03-31-2017, 09:31 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Jim

The big gray storage tubs you have were did you get them and how big are they.

I think they are the answers to my small wood off cuts I have and have a small tub for each type of wood and they are to small.  Those seem to go together very well.

Here is a better picture of the stacking tubs from Home Depot.

[Image: DSCN2713.jpg]

They are reasonably priced and would be great for short cut offs.
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Jim-what are the sizes of those storage bins?

TIA!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com