Dust collection hose clamps style-wire type vs flat type

Smile

Is there any major difference between the wire type hose clamps as opposed to the flat type hose clamps, to connect DC hose to blast gates, that is? 

Would the flat type crush the wire inside the hose to cause problem? 

Or would the wire-type hose clamps exert too much pressure on the thin part of the hose? 

Thanks
The wire type is all I'll use (if possible), they seem to seal better when you have the flex with the wire coil, the clamps will fit between those wires and just seem to me to work better. The drop hose from my DC is 9", I haven't found a wire clamp that size so I use a flat band type.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
The flat style clamps have sharper edges that can cut the vinyl flex hose.
My .02
Karl

On 4" hose I use these and find the friction fit is all I need. I direct connect the DC to the tool. I tun the DC on, and the dust/chips go away from the tool, into the bag is all I know. Don't see a need to make it more complex, or expensive than that.

[Image: zoom.jpg?c=1480835928]

[Image: zoom.jpg?c=1480835930]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I've used both and find the wire clamps to provide a much more solid connection.  The flat clamps don't clamp evenly across tubing that has a wire structure where the wire clamps do.  I've changed all my flat clamps over to the wire style and have had no problems at all.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Wire.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis